Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Download location

by Guest on 2014/02/01 03:42:10 AM    
Hello, i have just come across this app, i am normally a utorrent users, but thats not working like it use to for me, so here i am, anyway i am having a problem with this, i normal download my files to seperate folders, so i dont have everything in one folder, i dont see an option to do this with Tixati ?
by Pete on 2014/02/01 01:41:04 PM    
I think Tixati is like uTorrent in that regard, even better because Tixati allows greater user customization. There's default download location, but you can choose different folder on Load Transfer screen. By default Tixati remembers a couple of last download locations, you can configure how many paths it stores or define list of download folders. These options are in Settings > Local Files > Location shortcuts in transfer context menu. You can also use Categories, each category has different default download location. There's Move On Complete too, this function will move torrent contents to different folder after completion. Of course at any time you can move files to different location using context menu (right click > Local Files > Location > Move).

For example I use customized list with folders for audio, video, books and software.
by Guest on 2015/12/07 01:49:16 AM    
Tixati cannot move torrent to the Win7 libraries (f.ex. Windows default "Videos" folders). It is grayed out.
by Salope on 2015/12/07 11:17:16 AM    
Pete, many thanks for your explanation.  I didn't ask the question but I certainly appreciated the answer :)

The one thing I have never understood about torrents is how to keep a download recognised by Tixati so it is available for uploading.  If I move things manually out of a download folder, it's no longer recognised as it was before I moved it.  But now I understand that I have to move the files/folders through the Tixati UI.

But what if I have something I downloaded earlier or ripped myself and I want to put it into a folder where Tixati can make it available?  If I haven't saved the torrent file on download, is there a way to get Tixati to recreate it?  Where would I put it so that the file can be uploaded, but not downloaded again?
by HokieCharles on 2016/03/19 03:12:46 AM    
The one thing I have never understood about torrents is how to keep a download recognised by Tixati so it is available for uploading. If I move things manually out of a download folder, it's no longer recognised as it was before I moved it. But now I understand that I have to move the files/folders through the Tixati UI.

But what if I have something I downloaded earlier or ripped myself and I want to put it into a folder where Tixati can make it available? If I haven't saved the torrent file on download, is there a way to get Tixati to recreate it? Where would I put it so that the file can be uploaded, but not downloaded again?

See if this post helps:

http://forum.tixati.com/support/239/

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server