Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Feature Request] or not..... Show parent folder on "Files" tab

by ZarkBit on 2017/06/08 02:52:13 AM    
Ok, if there's a way of showing this, I'd appreciate the tip.

If a torrent is composed by a Folder+File, the folder isn't shown in the "Files" column (Tab View). Any way of achieving this? If not, please implement it, in case of the torrent not having any parent folder then it should stay as it is. This could give some help indicating if the torrent is composed by just file or if it includes any parent folder. Not sure if I made myself clear in here...

Also, when in "Tree View", the parent folder (or parent folders, in this case) is only shown if there are multiple folders, otherwise, it will just show the file.
by BRMateus2 on 2017/06/08 09:08:07 PM    
By default,
(1)Any torrent with only one file at root, will not make any folder, downloads at ./root/*file*, "%CD%\*".
(2)Any torrent with more than one file at root, will make an folder named the same as the torrent name; so rename it, folder renamed.
(3)Any torrent with folder and files into the torrent root, will act like (2).
Other kinds, I don't know.

If your suggestion is to make possible to control:
Any torrent, option (defaut OFF) at files-tab: "Show base/parent folder", the created folder other than torrent contents, I do agree for this suggestion, only if you really needs it.
by ZarkBit on 2017/12/09 02:36:21 PM    
bump
by Guest on 2018/08/24 12:39:22 AM    
+1 this is a must to show parent folder of the torrent payload/contents on FIles tab so one can rename the folder and knows there is the folder so can choose either location E:\Movies or E:\Movies\Moviename
Please kindly add this feature, so it appears in Add torrent dialog and on Files tab on already added torrent. Btw any temporary workaround to rename parent folder that is part of the payload (the files, folders downloaded by the torrent)?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server