Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Files wont play from USB Flashdrive on Blueray or smart TV?

by mknehr on 2014/01/09 07:24:55 AM    
tried to play a 1080p file (mp4) from a flash drive on a new smart TV and a new Blueray.

both devices found the file but it wouldn't play.  the blueray gave the error message 'unable to play file'

I confirmed that MP4 was the right format for both devices.

was there some settings I need to change in Tixati to make these work?

the file played just fine on this PC..

Thanks for any help!!
by nnq2603 on 2014/01/09 12:10:58 PM    
More likely, it's about the codec they use to encode it (that *.mp4) rather than about Tixati setting for that matter. Tixati only get the file exactly as it is, 100% original hash matched file, a perfect copy.

The file finished 100% and play well in PC. Then it's done with Tixati. Tixati is only a torrent client, not media converter or something else.

About your issue playing *.mp4 in Smart TV or Bluray, there isn't many things you can do about that. If encoder use some new codec or some special setting that SmartTV doesn't support, then it won't play. Can you provides mediainfo of this mp4? Did it use x264 to encode?... and specified details about your smartTV, then maybe someone be able take it further. If you have to re-encode that video in order to play it in SmartTV, do you want to do? I guess not (take a lot of time and research), and this isn't forum about video encoding.
by mknehr on 2014/01/10 04:27:26 AM    
could this be an issue of Cinavia??
by nnq2603 on 2014/01/10 04:18:13 PM    
Off topic, you should post this one in off-topic forum.

Doesn't sound like Cinavia. Because it is a kinda watermark inside audio signal, not whole media file. And the messages code supposed to display in screen isn't same as yours.

But who know... I'm not sure about all of this. I've no idea.
by saltyseadog on 2014/01/15 01:32:47 PM    
My Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player and TV is supposed to play mp4 but doesn't. It will however play .Avi and .Mkv files without any problems. What I do when only .mp4 is available is convert to either avi or mkv and it will play then.
by Guest on 2014/01/30 04:18:45 PM    
Man try to use Media Info many meadia codecs use to encode .MP4 file... may old Samsung Series 4 HD Ready doesn't have problem with that file format. It also play 1080p with no problems.

Uhmm... Try also to update your Blu-ray & TV's firmware...
by Estiloth on 2017/09/14 06:00:33 AM    
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I really wanna find a solution to solve my problem. My Samsung 55" Smart TV will not

play two MP4 files I have on a WD HDD (Plugged into the USB Port). Both files display "The selected file is not currently

supported". I promise I tried many ways and searched a lot realted information but they all failed for some unknown reasons???? I really

want to play MP4 on my TV, please.
by Guest on 2017/09/14 09:46:30 AM    
->Estiloth

are you sure those are real mp4 files?

do they play on your computer and other devices?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server