Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Relative paths in portable version

by VigilanteP on 2014/01/07 11:28:09 AM    
I have been using the portable version for a while now to allow me to have an identical setup in both Windows and Ubuntu.  While I've been very pleased with how well it works overall, I keep having an issue with my saved paths for categories. Whenever I run Tixati in Ubuntu I have to change all the "Move on Complete" paths because they are still set to Windows path locations (D:\Torrents\Seeding\... or /D:/Torrents/Seeding/... as Ubuntu interprets them). These seem to be the only paths that do not move smoothly between the two platforms. Everything that I have set in the settings dialog, as well as the actual transfers, transition smoothly, but the categories need to be reconfigured each time I launch from a different platform.

Is there any way to get this to work properly with the current release? I tried exporting the settings after setting it up properly, but when I imported them later it had no effect on the categories.
by EklectikRuuz on 2014/12/16 03:49:02 AM    
I, too, would like to know the reply to this request. I really enjoy Tixati since having moved from uTorrent when they turned annoyware. However, not having relative paths for categories almost breaks the purpose of portability. Until there is some kind of workaround, I can't use file download sorting based on categories. If I've missed some kind of configuration setting that fixes this, please let me know.
by EklectikRuuz on 2015/04/25 06:13:12 AM    
Developers, thank you for kindly updating. However, the previously mentioned issue has not been resolved; the categories paths are not relative, which are an important part of its portability. Can someone kindly address the issue?

E.R.
by Guest on 2023/04/22 03:38:29 PM    
I use both Windows and Linux so the only option is to use the portable version with the unchangeable "default" folder for relative path.

The exported .tixaticonfig file is not human readable either. :(
by notaLamer on 2023/04/30 01:26:28 PM    
On Linux you are supposed to create symlinks in root / yourself. It is TIXATI who makes the Windows paths C:/folder/ to /C:/folder/ on Linux. The OS has nothing to do with it. My ls -l / shows:
D: -> /mnt/DData/
E: -> /mnt/ETorrents/
ln --help
#Usage: ln [OPTION]... [-T] TARGET LINK_NAME
#  -s, --symbolic              make symbolic links instead of hard links

sudo ln -s /mnt/DData /D:
sudo ln -s /mnt/ETorrents /E:
This assumes the mount paths don't change. Then Tixati will find the "/E:/Linux/" folder where my Linux category is stored.

Tixati does have relative paths for me but only for files on the same partition where the executable is.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server