Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Mounted Volumes, Handling Magnet Links from Browser

by nickfriday on 2013/12/31 02:31:21 PM    
Problem 1:
I use a mounted USB volume for my default download location and incomplete piece storage location. When I first start my PC and log on, tixati starts before the volumes have time to mount, and therefore any active torrents don't resume. This is somewhat expected behaviour, but could perhaps tixati retry periodically if these locations are unavailable.

Problem 2:
I understand that I can change the default handler for torrents between transmission (default) and tixati as follows:

xdg-mime default tixati.desktop x-scheme-handler/magnet
xdg-mime default transmission-gtk.desktop x-scheme-handler/magnet

With the default magnet handler set to transmission, when I click on Settings/Shell Integration/Check Now (for magnets), tixati thinks it is the default magnet link handler. What exactly is this function checking?

Problem 3:
After using xdg-mime to set tixati.desktop to handle magnet links, when I click on a magnet link within Chrome, it sets focus to Tixati (suggesting the handler setting is correct), but the torrent is not added, nor am I prompted with anything.

Can anyone please offer any advice?

Software/OS Versions:
Chrome 31.0.1650.63
Linux Mint 16 (Cinnamon) 64-Bit
Tixati v1.96 64-Bit
by Pete on 2014/01/02 11:24:55 AM    
Regarding problem 1. you can set startup delay in Tixati (right click tray icon > Auto-Startup > Delay). Tixati will open when your USB volume is ready.
by mehdus on 2014/09/02 02:14:33 AM    
Regarding problem 3 edit the tixati.desktop file with a text editor, locate the line that starts with "Exec=" and replace "%F" with "%U"

As stated at http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/xdg-desktop-menu.html
If the application is able to open URLs in addition to local files then %u or %U can be used instead of %f or %F.

You can find tixati.desktop in /usr/share/applications/ or ~/.local/share/applications if you are using the portable version.
by Guest on 2014/09/02 10:29:54 PM    
To add to the other guy's answer regarding problem #1, if you are starting from the command-line via a custom shell script or something like that, you can use the -d2 command line switch to make startup delayed for 2 minutes.

That third problem might have something to do with some other threads here in the forum complaining about magnet links acting funny in some linuxes.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server