win7 pro 64 v2.53
I created a new torrent but it never went live. The "Progress" column stuck at "Scanning 0%". After closing and restarting Tixati, this changed to "Waiting to Check..."
I then examined other torrents and found a couple dozen in this same state. No progress was seen on any of them.
I have 1 offline file reporting "Need to Check" and when I did "Force Check" on it, it too changed to "Scanning 0%"
Another thing...CPUsage is running 27%+ (16% kernel). After reducing the number of active torrents, I had this down to about 12% but the last several days I noticed it higher than I ever recall. Previous high was always under 25% on my 4-core CPU.
Any ideas on what locked up the scanning process??
I found the culprit but don't know what the problem is.
I isolated it to 1 torrent that contains a single zip file. With it offline, the Tixati CPUsage is 10%. When I started that torrent, it locked at "scanning 0%" and the CPUsage soared to over 26%.
The torrent had apparently completed earlier something.zip was in my FINished folder. The torrent showed a 2.5:1 share ratio
The something.zip was xxx,141 KB. I moved it to my IN folder.
I noticed that when I moused over the file in Tixati, the location/filename was alternating between something.zip and incomplete.something.zip but the latter was not present
i renamed something.zip in explorer (not tixati) so it would not be related to the torrent. I then started the torrent and it didn't see any existing related file, it created an empty incomplete.something.zip but with a different file size, xxx,188 KB
I unzipped the original something.zip and it appeared most of the content was intact and usable. But the fresh file created was larger so I assume that the original had been corrupted, but that didn't seem to bother winrar from unzipping it.
With the newly created incomplete file for the torrent started, Tixati CPUsage is under 9%.
Those issues solved, but there are no seeds to complete this now.