Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why is Tixati banned by so many private trackers ?

by Guest on 2017/03/19 12:59:24 PM    
I love Tixati, but several of the sites I use have either never allowed it, or have enacted a recent ban, citing reasons such as 'invalid/inaccurate data reported to the tracker'

Why is the program so disliked by torrent website admins ?
by Guest on 2017/03/20 12:14:21 AM    
One of the reasons that is being mentioned quite many times is the possibility to fake the client's peer-ID. For example, one can fake the peer-ID of Tixati to e.g. uTorrent.
As private trackers rely on the honesty of their users, something like faking one's peer-ID is a huge blocker for a client to be whitelisted.
by Pete on 2017/03/20 10:28:46 PM    
Tixati can fake uTorrent but other connected uTorrent clients will know it's fake. If you have to fake, pick some other client not uTorrent, you'll be safer.
by ZarkBit on 2017/03/20 11:34:32 PM    
there was a version which reported wrong values, but that was fixed, Tixati no longer reports wrong data, ran some tests a year ago or so, and all went well, the problem is that private trackers are whinning cunts, they are more concerned about ratios, and H&N's than sharing just for the fun of it, and that's the bare bone truth. They could do what I did, spend some time with Tixati, compare values and see that there is no flaw.

And yeah, like pete said, Tixati can spoof other clients, which serves as another excuse...
by Guest on 2017/03/24 01:17:07 PM    
This all really started because a well known private tracker owner worshipped utorrent who was heavily believed to be on the utorrent payroll, and saw a significantly better client coming out (Tixati), and started spewing hate at anyone who didn't worship the client he worshipped, going as far as to pull strings on other private trackers, spewing lies about Tixati across the board. Other private tracker owners with the IQ of a peach joined the hatewagon cause a few 'respected' were, and at the wrong time a tixati release came out which didn't have consistent data. By then the number of invalids spewing tixati hate was widespread, and they jumped on it like rabid dogs, despite the fact it was shown that several other clients also have inconsistent data to this day, and many of which can change the peerid (or more) as well. Tixati is a financial threat to utorrent, and here we are today.
by 2635599 on 2017/03/24 06:52:38 PM    
"are only interested in ratio" the they are idiots, cause my uploads using tixati take far less time using qbittorrent or utorrent.
by fatgicu on 2017/07/25 04:10:59 PM    
Hi,
I think the posted question still deserves discussion as long as using Tixati to spoof other client on a private tracker (of course because this beauty is already blacklisted), your account is disabled and, hopefully, you may find that your client was reporting invalid data to the tracker, according to operators. This means that some software or operator may find, on a regular basis and not necessary targeted to a specific suspected user, not that you are using Tixati but that you are using some client (probably not approved) that is messing with the data reported.

The fact is here, for the latest version 2.53, so what would be that data that is abnormal?
What tests can one run ZarkBit to reveal the inconsistency?
I'm pretty curious about this and maybe someone could let me know more details about it!
Thanks!
by Guest on 2017/09/07 07:22:18 PM    
Excerpt from a forum topic about the client whitelist on a reputable, driven by smart people, private tracker:

STAFF:
".....
Tixati
Using these blacklisted clients or spoofing peerIDs will result in a permanent ban. "

HIGHER USER:
"Tixati does not seem to be on the (whitelist -my note) list. Is there a reason for that? I find it one of the more useful modern clients."

USER:
"I also would like to see tixati added. "

HIGHER USER:
"Tixati has some features that don't mix well with private trackers. "

HIGHER USER:
"Out of interest, exactly which features are those? "

STAFF:
"They allow spoofing. That's why it is not typically allowed on any tracker. "

HIGHER USER:
"Can somebody explain what exactly Tixati does wrong? I use qbittorrent here but I'm curious as I've been using Tixati on public trackers. Thx. "

STAFF:
"They allow spoofing and basically told private trackers to "fuck off."

HIGHER USER:
"Uh, ok... fuck *them* off, then."

These guys really test the new versions of clients before whitelisting them. So maybe removing the peerid change feature would be a plus not less!
by ZarkBit on 2017/09/09 05:33:32 PM    
What tests can one run ZarkBit to reveal the inconsistency?

I was staff at a private tracker, which allowed me to have access to more detailed information, so I took advantage of that status and compared the vales reported by Tixati, using Tixati's logs and Wireshark to see the tracker request parameters sent by Tix, comparing those values with the ones received and exposed by the site tracker.
by Guest on 2017/09/21 02:13:22 AM    
Isn't banning a client because it can spoof other clients completely pointless as it will just spoof around the ban XD
by Napsterbater on 2017/09/21 06:59:25 AM    
Pretty much.
by Guest on 2017/09/24 09:14:51 AM    
Tixati, after doing my research being banned from a private tracker, can be easily discovered, on a regular basis,analyzing the announcement packet as there are so many differences from the spoofed client (even the letters case, the order of the lines in the announcement, the percent encoded random ID part that is so obvious, and more). So, the banning is not pointless, at least for the trackers that care to test new versions of clients, and really test the client identity you use. For other more careless trackers may be pointless, but why you worry that you'll be kicked out because of your spoofing when Tixati may be an approved client?
by Napsterbater on 2017/09/26 07:52:12 PM    
You have 2 choices, don't enable/support trackers that block clients for stupid reasons (my choice). Or use a diffrent client, up to you.

It's totally up to the Dev, and as many times as this has been brought up doubt it's changing.
by Guest on 2017/09/27 08:39:54 AM    
Ok then! So why is this feature of spoofing embedded in Tixati, so imperfect as it is? Which is the strong reason for it, what is that incline the balance in favor? DEV knows? Anyone knows? I would say that would be fine if this feature would mimic without doubt any other client. But it is so far of that...
by Napsterbater on 2017/09/28 07:23:29 PM    
The feature works fine for an overwhelming majority of trackers that block Tixati. Why remove it for the very very few that look deeper into the traffic.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server