Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Auto stopping dead seeds? And anothing thing..

by Guest on 2013/12/07 08:08:45 AM    
Hello there. Is it possible to configure Tixati in such a way that it automatically stops a seeding torrent when it hasn't been actively seeding for a while? Or when it's seeding at a subpar speed? I'm running about 100 torrents of which 40 actives and it would be nice if Tixati could cycle through 'dead' seeds until it finds an active one.

The second question is what Abandoned Piece Timeout exactly does? The wiki explains nothing except that it's best to usually keep it set to Never.

Thanks!
by Pete on 2013/12/08 10:24:49 AM    
Hello. Stopping or rotating seeds automatically is not possible yet, I hope some kind of intelligent queue will be added in the future. The best solution for now is to 1) set a high upload slots number or 2) use constant seeding option for stalled (dead) torrents, so they won't block queue (you have to set this manually).

Abandoned piece is an incomplete piece, which has been downloading, but for some reason the peer uploading it was disconnected. Tixati will try to complete this piece if possible. After set timeout Tixati deletes this piece if it's still abandoned, so later you'll need to download it whole again. If set to "Never" this piece will stay saved in incomplete piece storage location folder, until it is completed or the torrent is deleted from Tixati.
by Guest on 2013/12/09 12:57:02 AM    
Thank you for the explanation, Peter. I do hope such a system will be implemented eventually.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server