Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tracker group amount limit

by Guest on 2017/02/27 09:49:13 PM    
In order to optimize speed and find the maximum amount of seeds, I have added this list of 236+ trackers to Tixati to announce to by default. However, when adding a new torrent Tixati only announces to the first 100 trackers including the ones present in the torrent file. Is there a way to bypass this limitation? If not, could you lift this limit or make the maximum amount of trackers tweakable?
by Pete on 2017/03/01 09:23:42 AM    
Adding trackers, which aren't present in original torrent file, DOES NOT HELP. Adding that many trackers to every new transfer will most likely only cause slow down, not to mention unnecessary tracker traffic. Use DHT and trackers included by .torrent file uploader.
by Guest on 2017/03/01 10:12:15 AM    
That is something the user should be able to decide for himself. There have been several instances in which this was the only way to find seeds at all for certain torrents. Besides, Tixati seems to be the only client that has this limitation, which makes it inferior to other clients in this particular aspect.
by Guest on 2020/11/15 07:00:51 PM    
>"does not help"
LOL
by Guest on 2020/11/16 12:29:10 AM    
>"does not help"
LOL
The reason it doesn't help in most cases is because someone else also has to add that same tracker to the same torrent.
by Guest on 2022/08/30 09:09:15 PM    
While I partially agree with the developer's reasoning for implementing the limit, I would like to offer the following:

1. There are many parties involved, and it is impossible to predict the behaviour of all parties. (did someone say VPN?)
2. Flexibility is key.
3. OOB defaults should indeed follow the 'protocol rules/guidelines'
4. End user should be able to choose to enable/disable such a limitation.

Perhaps a tracker management system that assigns a 'tracker health score' which is monitored by Tixati over a period of time - would enable the ranking/prioritisation of trackers. This could allow for the creation of an option like "auto-delete tracker when score goes below XX" or maybe "auto-delete tracker after X hours/days of unreachability".

Keep up the good work !
by ZarkBit on 2022/08/31 01:32:24 PM    
People forget that DHT does an excellent job finding peers, but seems like they enjoy adding more unnecessary strain to their routers, then complain about slow connections, plus the strain that are placed on the tracker servers.

You don't need 200 trackers, that is just stupid, there's a reason why grouping is a thing, to prevent a connection overload.

Been running trackerless for more than 5 years now, there hasn't been 1 torrent that wasn't able to find peers through DHT.

Tip: Click on the DHT tab and explore it, you'll see it doing its job.

If there's something that I've learned from being behind some private and public trackers is that trackers are not accurate at all, especially public ones, a ranking system is useless, it will only add more strain to the client, use groups and let DHT do its thing.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server