Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Can I delete torrent files?

by Dimitri001 on 2017/02/13 01:51:41 AM    
I seem to remember reading on the forum that once Tixati loads a torrent from a torrent file that it stores all the info it needs from the file somewhere, so can I then delete all torrent files, including ones I'm still downlaoding/seeding?
by patch on 2017/02/14 05:40:31 PM    
yes  if i think what your saying is to delete a file right click on the torrent scroll down to local files and there is the delete you have 2 delete options 1 delete completely or 2 delete to the recycle bin where you can delete it yourself with ccleaner or the like also you may know that you right click on the file and remove  then it will be in its respected folder EG: desktop downloads or downloads or where ever you set it to go also i think that any data stored is removed
by Dimitri001 on 2017/02/15 12:15:27 PM    
No, no, I'm talking about the .torrent files, not the files I download. So, can I delete those files without it affecting the transfer in Tixati.

Like, if I have X.torrent file, I open the file and Tixati starts the download of X, can I then delete the X.torrent file, without it affecting the download of X and the status generally of the X transfer in Tixati.
by Guest on 2017/02/28 01:08:08 AM    
Yes, you can. The .torrent is not needed at all, once it's been loaded into Tixati. You can also select the way Tixati automatically handles your .torrent files in Settings -> Transfers -> Meta-Info.
by Guest on 2017/02/28 09:11:25 PM    
All of the above is correct.

But sadly you are not able to get Tixati to delete the .torrent at the same time Tixati deletes the payload.
Which is kind annoying :-)
by Pete on 2017/03/01 09:18:17 AM    
Once loaded .torrent files aren't needed for Tixati anymore. Torrent meta information is stored in Tixati data files. This is why Tixati doesn't offer removing .torrent files like some other programs.
by Guest on 2017/03/02 09:44:57 PM    
@ Guest #2:

Actually, you can - instead of using the "Remove" option from the right-click menu, use the "Remove" button from the top panel, which will give you the option "Remove And Delete Local Files", effectively removing both .torrent and the actual data files (if I'm not mistaken).

I do believe that the right-click "Remove" menu should show the same options as the top panel button, for the sake of uniformity and to avoid confusion.
by Guest on 2017/03/02 10:35:12 PM    
you can only delete .torrent files when they are loaded IF you have the right settings.
look here:
https://support.tixati.com/settings%20-%20transfers%20-%20metainfo

'remove' only removes the torrent from tixati, the files you have made and downloaded are still on your computer.

'remove and delete local files' removes the torrent from tixati AND deletes any files that were made and/or downloaded.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server