Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Checking files and Slow speeds

by Guest on 2013/11/21 08:24:10 PM    
Hi,
I'm having a few problems that are driving me crazy
Info,
My PC has i7 processor, 8GB ram, 1TB free space and GB Ethernet (It is not used for anything else)
MY Nas has 3 TB free space, 1 GB Ethernet
My Switch supports GB Full Duplex and I've verified the network is working at GB speeds
MY PC, Network and Internet are not slow.
MY Internet speed is 100mb down and 50mb up
I download all torrents to a nas.
Nas and PC are joined to Domain and both have correct time.
My PC is dedicated to Tixati and has no other software installed other than firefox
I checked my ISP and they are not throttling me.
I opened ports on my firewall and have them forward to the PC for DHT but that shows its online about 30% of the time.
Copying files to and from the NAS is fast.  I can also stream movies 1080p with no issues at all

Issues

    When I download a torrent it always starts to initialize files process that takes several minutes then starts download at a snails pace.  After its been downloading for a while Tixati checks the file and then downloads more and checks the file again.  It does this over and over and over.  

If I use a different torrent client then the download is fast.  I downloaded the same torrent with Tixati and the other torrent client.  Tixati took 21 hours and the other client took 22 minutes. I I've been through all the bandwidth setting but nothing makes a difference.  

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.  After weeks of working on it and making no progress I'm asking for help.

Thank you
by Guest on 2014/03/08 10:59:47 AM    
Hello,

I'm having the same issue, is there a solution to this matter?

Thanks in advance,

John.
by Guest on 2014/03/09 06:22:01 AM    
I realllly hope you get an answer to this. I don't have all the data you provided. I tried to rout to open IP's..I'm able to view them using cmd, but I don't know which ones are "open"...as they don't actually say "open" next to them lol.
But my tixati use to run a LOT faster. What use to take less than 30min now takes hours sometimes day or more.  :-(
by Guest on 2014/12/09 08:39:15 PM    
Same issue for me. It seems to be related to tixati downloading to a nas. Although older versions of the software didnt have this issue. Ive also noticed even after a torrent is downloaded and completed it still checks it. Its like non stop checking.
by Torben27 on 2015/01/29 08:46:59 AM    
Sorry to join and offer nothing new but I am having the same issues.  I am  using pretty much the same equipment, set up  and specs  as the first comment.  Tixati takes an age to download, I am getting 9kb/s as a common speed.  Using uTorrent I am getting 200.  Yes I know that is still slow but my internet speed is only 2Mb/s: welcome to the Middle East.
I like the format of Tixati but will not use something that takes this long

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server