Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

we are the 99%

by Bugmagnet on 2013/11/19 11:31:25 AM    
had a torrent that consisted of a collection of various files. It was orphaned with no seeds for months on end. Several peers patiently waiting at 99% because one file was missing the last 8miB

On a hunch, I did a search for a torrent for that 1 file and found it and downloaded it. It completed 100%

I then copied this file into the collection and did a force check for it from the collection torrent. That reported 99%.

I know this 99% issues has been reported often, just wanted to add a little more details in case it might be helpful fixing it.
by Nili on 2013/11/19 12:58:43 PM    
Thanks Bugmagnet for reporting, i'm waiting too for a fix in this.

I wonder why so much delay for 1.97 :(

Hope they'll adjust with the next version.
by Bugmagnet on 2013/11/19 07:56:02 PM    
my actual testing of this was:

At first, I started to download the individual file from the beginning. Then it dawned on me I already had 99% done, in the collection folder.

I stopped the torrent for the single file and copied the 99% finished file into its folder, then did a force check. It matched and since there were seeds for this as a single file, it completed to 100% of 1775 MIB.

After stopping the collection torrent, I copied the 100% complete file from the individual torrent folder to the collection torrent folder.

On file check, it reports 1767 of 1775 MiB complete...just 99% with the Progress graph showing black for missing segments at the beginning and end.

Later, I "moved" the target for the finished individual file into the collection folder. Using the same file as the target for both torrents, the individual torrent shows it at 100% while the collection torrent still shows it as 99%.

As this particular file was a 1 hour video, I opened it in VLC to see if I could detect any missing bytes. The video played flawlessly at the beginning and end, where the 99% Progress graph indicates segments totaling 8MiB are missing. This causes me to believe that the file is in fact 100% complete and that any 'force check' indicating just 99% is a flaw in tixati, not the file being tested.
by Pete on 2013/11/20 09:34:31 PM    
Bugmagnet, I believe this is not Tixati related problem. It'll be the same with every other torrent client. Most likely, files in the collection torrent, which are "neighbors" of the file, are not 100% complete. Probably the "boundary" pieces, that contain data of both files, are missing. So even if you copy the 100% complete file, Tixati doesn't have the other "half" of the first and the last piece of that file, so it checks only 99%.
by Bugmagnet on 2013/11/21 03:10:29 AM    
the torrent for the individual file reports it 100% in tixati.

It has the same exact title as the one in the collection and are the same size to the bit. Playback doesn't seem to be missing anything so having the complete file in the collection torrent testing at 99% with 8MiB missing still confuses me.

any suggestions on confirming some missing bytes?
by Bugmagnet on 2013/11/21 10:46:40 AM    
I did some further testing, using a torrent I made, so all files are original and complete. When the files were copied into the download folder for tixati, a force check reported 99%

However, a text file in each wasn't available/matched. so if it shared a block with the video file(s) perhaps that is the issue.
by Pete on 2013/11/21 10:59:59 AM    
A picture is worth 1000 words :)
image: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/593/n1nv.png
I wish I made it bigger, use zoom in browser if not readable.

This example is a torrent of 3 files: a, b and c. Files are green boxes, pieces are black boxes, boundary pieces are red boxes. Blue color is for completed data, white for empty space.
1. file b is missing from the swarm, files a and c are downloaded in 99% because they share a piece with file b (the red one)
2. file b is downloaded form other source and copied to the torrent, notice red pieces aren't complete
3. although file b is 100% Tixati shows missing pieces (boundry), because they are not 100% complete
Result as you have described - the file plays fine and is obviously complete but torrent won't show 100% completion. To have it 100% complete you should download files a and c from different source and copy them to collection.
by Nili on 2013/11/24 11:58:13 AM    
To have it 100% complete you should download files a and c from different source and copy them to collection.

Does not work with private tracker wherein last seed was only me, works only when file it is populated.

I downloaded the file 100% Tixati said so, seeding for almost 6 month 100% made system upgrades made hashchecking on new upgraded and appear 99.9% i'cant make 100% anymore because what is missing can not given back to me because there are no more seeders. The file is 100% but Tixati know as 99.9% now.

This has to do with Tixati because even if i make again 100% and move the file to another destination folder or do another system upgrade go back again 99.9% I have this problem for almost a year.

to report 100% in tixati and torrent tracker

1) Download and seed (only from one location)
2) Do not upgrade system
3) Do not rename disk name or disk letter

If one of these moves will have a problem with 99.9%

The only a chance of little hope is to copy of the folder .tixati at /home/user/.tixati @(linux) paste to new upgraded system, but even with this way will remain very few 99.9%

Sorry, i found it a Tixati problem. And if we do not see forthcoming version of change regarding this hash checking problem, I am forced to look at other alternatives.

Thank you

Regards,
Nili
by Pete on 2013/11/24 12:22:27 PM    
Does it happen only to partially downloaded torrents?
by Nili on 2013/11/24 01:08:00 PM    
No partialy, Fully download, ISO or VIDEO_TS

I'm a seeder on a private tracker and seeding over 700 DVD9 with Tixati 1.96 where some of them let say 10 or 15 DVD9 suffer 99.9% after I made hachchecking (before they were 100%) hashcheckint two or three times never show 100% it always happens when i do system upgrades like from Linux mint 14 nadia to Linux mint 15 olivia. Please understand, is not problem downloading 8MB or 4MB i can download from someone else, but the problem is when there is no more someoneelse, it's just me which was the last seeders and now i'm appearing as leachers 99.9% not 100%.

A example:

User Uploaded Last seeded Time seeded Snatched
Nili PM         2.04 GB 7m 01w ago 3m 02w 11m 03w ago

I was a seeders 100% for this file just switched from Mint 14 to Mint 15

Now i'm leecher 99.9% but i'm 200% sure the file is completed because i've tested with other torrent applications and appear as 100%

Now i have moved to another OS #! Crunchbang, Not seeding anything, i'am just waiting for the next version of Tixati.

Thank you for your message,
Regards,
Nili
by Pete on 2013/11/25 10:29:20 AM    
Ah, I'm just lucky. I never had this issue because I'm on Windows 7 for last 2 years.
by Guest on 2014/08/16 07:26:35 AM    
Nili--> did you create these torrents?

you should send a few of the prob torrents to the devs. support@tixati.com
by John on 2014/08/16 07:37:00 PM    
We are all expecting Tixati 2.00 with some major optimisations or at least bugfixes. It has been a very long time and Tixati 1.97 just won't suffice.

Kevin, I wish you fast ang easy coding. The crowd is waiting. :-)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server