Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Backup Configuration Files - location (Feature request)

by Galathorne on 2016/12/10 03:14:56 PM    
Thanks for adding this very welcome feature!

I tried it immediately and struggled to find where the backed up settings were saved. After a drive-wide file search I found it on my desktop.

This is not obvious from the get-go. Also, I prefer to have all my backup in dedicated folder.

FEATURE REQUEST

Under Settings > Import/Export, could an option be added to select a Default Backup Location via scheduler?
by Guest on 2016/12/11 10:05:05 AM    
As a clarification, definitely copy in the settings would help. Or +1 for the "user specified folder"
That is if we can't get a full "editable command line to run extra archive/rsync options"
Thanks alot KH and dev team
by Guest on 2016/12/12 03:28:01 PM    
Yes. This is much needed. Also maybe maximum number of backups to keep, delete the oldest when new one exceeds the limit?
by Galathorne on 2017/01/08 11:52:56 AM    
+1 for the comments
by moonsurfer on 2020/02/25 08:24:16 PM    
This feature would bu great. Waiting for the devs.
by bobpaw on 2020/03/25 03:19:54 AM    
I would also like to see this feature in new versions. I don't typically store things on my desktop, and would especially like to direct config updates to my external hard drive.
by loninappleton on 2020/03/27 05:42:56 AM    
My propeller is not spinning very fast on this.  I looked at Scheduler.
Can an option-- a visible option --  be put at the top of Scheduler which asks
to make tixati configuration files exported to C:?  That's where I put them.  Then use   the selection buttons at the bottom of that screen  day week month etc?

In reading through this old thread it only seems to refer to backing up files and folders.  My request is on the backup (date) recorded.tixaticonfig Export routine.
by bobpaw on 2020/04/02 12:01:10 AM    
For anybody using Windows, my current workaround is to create a scheduled task that runs after Tixati makes backups. The Powershell script I run to create this task is:
$move_str =
"Move-Item backup-`$(Get-Date -UFormat `"%Y-%m-%d`")-11-45-00.tixaticonfig " +
"-Destination C:\Users\$env:USERNAME\Documents"
$action = New-ScheduledTaskAction -Execute "powershell" `
-Argument "-WindowStyle Hidden -Command Invoke-Expression `'$move_str`'" `
-WorkingDirectory "C:\Users\$env:USERNAME\Desktop"
$trig = New-ScheduledTaskTrigger -Daily -At $([DateTime]"11:50")
$set = New-ScheduledTaskSettingsSet
$task = New-ScheduledTask -Action $action -Trigger $trig -Settings $set `
-Description "Move Tixati config backup to chosen location"
Register-ScheduledTask -InputObject $task -TaskName MoveTixatiBackup `
-TaskPath \usr

To make this work on your system, change 11-45-000 to the time your backup occurs and change 11:50 (line 6) to the time you would like the task to run. If you would like to backup to a location other than Documents, change the path after -Destination to where you would like your file moved.

Also, you can remove backticks at the end of lines and combine them with the next lines if you want to.
by Guest on 2020/04/05 03:06:34 AM    
@bobpaw

Or you can just backup to desired directory directly. Tixati use the same directory, that you use in last manual settings export.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server