Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Active torrents (very requested) and bug

by Guest on 2016/11/25 06:50:15 PM    
i know there is a topic "be patient..." but i don't see any answer from develpoers here.
There is a balance between "immediate answer" and "noone answer".

Apart from this i want to ask again some things,maybe this time i'll be luckier

1- Many of us aksed this recenlt: we NEED to see active torrents. We explained what we mean with "active". If interface can't be changed creating a new button for it,at least give us a chance to create a cateogory "active" and "uploading" like we can already create "downloading".

2-This but is still not fixed: Tixati's windows don't come on top when i'm adding a new torrent. Let's say only 1/10 times the window come in front. And i don't know if it's random or every time this happens it's because there is a particular circumstance that allows the right behaviour. The option in settings doesn't change anything
by Guest on 2016/11/25 11:54:34 PM    
1 thread per topic....

As far a #2, do you have the add transfer dialog turned on?? If so what is the timeout? What are your settings for "property windows"? With 2.48 its completely necessary for you to do "independent property windows" when dealing with minimize to tray/minimize to taskbar... otherwise everything is either ontop or not. Do you have "activate main window when adding transfers" turned on?

Please reply with that information to figure out the window problem. I have a completely different bug related to z-order but I can help with this.
by Guest on 2016/11/26 09:24:09 PM    
"activate main window when adding transfers" is enabled
"fully indipendet property window" disabled
Tray icon is not enabled

Maybe i found the problem. Main window comes in front only if Tixati is minimized on taskbar (or tray icon i suppose, i didn't test this). But it doesn't if the main window is only hidden behind another window (internet browser).
This is very strange. When the main window is activated it should come in front no matter where it was before.
by Guest on 2016/11/27 02:40:14 AM    
Yes, you need to have all enabled at least from my experience with dealing with windows over not ontop. If this were MFC code not C++14 I could say it's a hook for the ALWAYSONTOP_ flag.

Try with enabled, see if you can try more and test the issue with your different usage habits ok?
by Guest on 2016/11/27 12:58:27 PM    
Noting changes if i enable everything (and i don't want to enable try icon,i just made a test)

Tixati still don't come in front when i add a torrent if it's not minimized.
This is a BUG
by Guest on 2016/11/28 02:31:42 AM    
So I turned off my tray icon, left those turned on, left Tixati up. no minimize, no maximize. I click magnet: turned on Behaviour pop-up add transfer dialog for magnet: and I get a popup in my screen for each link. Actually, it pops up the first time, then "blinks" the menubar ontop four times for each additional. :/ I am Win 8.1 x64 Tixati 2.48 x64
by Guest on 2016/11/28 12:21:59 PM    
i don't understand what you say
what is "behavior pop-up"?

THe test you have to do is this
Open tixati,then open your browser (full screen). Now you don't see Tixati anymore but it's not minimized. Ok now try to open a torrent. You will just see the icon blinking orange on the taskbar,but tixati remains hidden behind the browser
by mehdus on 2016/12/09 10:43:40 PM    
About #1 you can do it using category separators
a separator will show torrents in following categories until next separator
so if by active torrents you mean downloading + seeding, add a separator named "Active", add "Downloading" and "Seeding" categories just below it followed by another separator
now clicking on "Active" will show both downloading and seeding torrents

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server