Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati Hangs (Not Responding) when Explorer Window is called

by Guest on 2013/11/01 08:25:05 AM    
Hi all,

Tixati gets unresponsive when it tries to call an explorer window.

For example, when I press the change button in order to select the "Default Location To Save Downloaded Files", Tixati freezes and gets unresponsive as it keeps trying to open an explorer window.

The explorer window does not open at all and Tixati remains unresponsive until I forcibly shut it down.

I have already uninstalled Tixati, cleared all folders and registry values.
I have already ran the command sfc /scannow.
I reinstalled Tixati, however the behavior is the same.

My O/S is Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
by nnq2603 on 2013/11/04 12:40:04 PM    
This person seem share the similar problem with you, he also run Win7 x64.
http://forum.tixati.com/support/273/

You can take a look this topic above, while waiting other reply this. Hope someone figure out the way to solve it but unlikely...
by Guest on 2014/01/17 08:17:03 PM    
I recently installed Tixati and I'm having the same problem.  I'm also running Windows 7 (x64).  I noticed that when it hangs,  DWM.EXE (Desktop Window Manager) also hangs.
by Matrumlus123 on 2014/01/23 05:06:16 AM    
Been having the same problem for weeks. I have the program running from my SSD (C:) where windows is installed, and I've been saving to both a regular 3TB SATA drive (B:) and a My Book Live networked drive (A:)
It used to work perfectly then it freezes when I try to change destination folder. I have been downloading to the default folder then moving it but its such a pain in the ass. Any ideas? Tried install on my SATA drive but no change.
by Guest on 2014/03/13 12:45:38 AM    
I am having the same problem when selecting "Computer" from the explorer window...app locks and requires a manual task close.
by Guest on 2014/04/01 01:36:58 AM    
Solved It seems that the problem(s) are with the 64 bit version of Tixati.. Along with not being able to engage the Windows Explorer, it also has trouble remembering I'd even started any downloads going.. Thanks a lot for that.. 2gb of download, and it can't even see it.
Solution seems to be to uninstall it fully, and install the 32 bit version. It seems to work perfectly. Windows explorer is able to change directories, it remembers downloads quite happily, and it's fast.

The 64 bit version needs some serious work on it, but fortunately, it's fairly pointless anyway, as the 32 bit version does the job more than adequately.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server