Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Large files are downloaded incorrectly

by rygart on 2013/10/29 04:23:03 AM    
Hi,

I'm using Tixati on Windows 7 x86. I've been having problem downloading large files using an older version of Tixati client but upgrading to 1.96 didn't solve the problem either. By large files i mean files bigger than about 3 GB. Tixati reports that torrent download is completed (reached 100%) but checking the CRC32, MD5 or SHA1 hashes of the large files shows that they don't match the originals.

I've tested this with at least 5 or 6 different files with sizes ranging from 3 GB to 10 GB. The last one i tested was about 10 GB and i still have the incorrect file downloaded using version 1.96. I tried using "Force Recheck" to see if Tixati finds the flaw in the file but it doesn't. After rechecking the torrent it just says its 100% downloaded. I tested downloading the same torrents with rTorrent 0.9.3. The files hashes match the originals perfectly after the download is completed.

I'm not sure what is causing this problem. It took me some time to do the tests and now i suspect that Tixati client might be downloading the large torrent files incorrectly. It'll be nice if someone looks into the problem as well if possible.

Regards

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server