Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Seeding category has gone missing, how to get it back

by loninappleton on 2016/07/07 06:35:35 PM    
The category "seeding" in the categories box was there and then not there.

A reload of the program did not bring it back.  I was not customizing any settings.

Do I have to reinstall-- and would that even fix it?  It's a total mystery.
by loninappleton on 2016/07/07 07:59:41 PM    
I just thought of something that may be relevant:

would this seeding category come back if I asked to import a saved profile?  I made one of those a while back but never used it for anything in lieu of a new install on a different HD.
by ZarkBit on 2016/07/08 12:24:33 AM    
Have you tried adding it?
http://i.imgur.com/8n8vrlr.gif
by loninappleton on 2016/07/08 04:56:03 AM    
You mean just that plus sign and write in Seeding?

I can certainly do that.  Seeding would have to be a 'known"
word by the program.  Will try it.
by loninappleton on 2016/07/08 05:04:44 AM    
Yes, adding Seeding and changing the 'type' button to
_Status_ to match the seeding column on screen has fixed it.

The dialog box for the change still runs off screen though
so I have to change screen resolution back and forth
to get to the exit/apply options.

I asked the DEVs about this some time ago-- just change that box size vertically.  I think they are all like that.
by ZarkBit on 2016/07/08 01:47:13 PM    
Glad that fixed it, just out of curiosity, what resolution you're using?
by loninappleton on 2016/07/09 05:12:45 AM    
I spoke too quickly.  This Seeding category which I made is not responsive to my selections.  It just shows the number of
all transfers.

Perhaps one of the DEVs can explain what the original Seeding category which displays does.

Once I have backup made fresh I would try to retrieve a profile.

To your question:

My rez is set to 1024 just in the Win 7 setup screen.

Raising it to 1280 (making mouse type on screen) gets it all on the screen but that is a needless procedure.  A box can be made a fraction of the screen size with no problem.  And there's no option to 'shrink' or resize the window panel as is common in many Win programs.

thanks for answering
by ZarkBit on 2016/07/09 03:21:48 PM    
The Seeding category shows every torrent that is in a seeding state, in other words, torrents which are not offline, queued or in a standby state.
by loninappleton on 2016/07/10 11:31:50 PM    
Just tell me how to put it back then in steps.

I can see that the tray icon if moused over shows the active seeds which is what I'm after.

Simply adding a category called "Seeding" with the capital and selecting the middle button option failed.
by ZarkBit on 2016/07/12 02:07:22 PM    
Just like me, the Tray Icon shows the same amount of torrents in the Seeding category.

To add the Seeding category just click on the + sign (or right click in the categories window and choose add) then type the name (anything goes) select Status and then select Seeding press OK and you're done. That's pretty much it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/h8rsduqzwa3r8sk/2016-07-12_12-57-07.mp4?dl=0
by loninappleton on 2016/07/14 08:59:40 PM    
Well, my previous suggested solution was the answer for my usage.

I retrieved a previous config made with the Import/Export
option.  Everything is the same as to machine and program so it loaded it as import *.tixaticonfig file.  Yes, that's the file extension if you have to look for where yours is and the naming convention begins with 'backup' and a date.

A naming convention might put the word tixatiback first for easier search retrieval.

But just typing the name at add does not work:  I only got the whole active file list.

My regret on this is that my share ratio cannot be tracked from the current date.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server