Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Extreme sluggishness under Windows 10

by me39180 on 2016/06/29 06:55:04 PM    
Is anyone experiencing extreme sluggishness under Windows 10 when using Tixati?

I am a long-time Tixati user. I have never had this kind of problem under Windows 7 or 8, and even 10 was OK until about 2-3 months ago. A day or two after a reboot, with only Tixati and a browser running, the mouse becomes sluggish – moving a few inches then hanging, moving then hanging. Video is impossible to watch due to hanging every few seconds. What I see in the Task Manager is 10-20% CPU of the browser, 10-20% CPU on Interrupts, and 10-20% CPU on System and Compressed Memory.

The odd part is that this occurs even with a Clean Boot (all non-Microsoft services disabled). The really odd part is that even closing Tixati doesn’t help. Nor does changing browsers. Only a reboot fixes it, for a brief time. What really strut me is this week I rebooted without starting Tixati and my computer has been behaving normally for days.

I’m running the latest Tixati version on a fully patched Windows PC. My machine has 16 GB of RAM and 4 cores running 3.2+ GHz. So it is not CPU or memory starved, especially with only 2 programs running. I don’t find the disk or memory spiking, just CPU.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? What about Tixati could hose Windows 10 up requiring a reboot? I’m guessing some patch 2-3 months ago.
by Guest on 2016/06/30 10:44:47 AM    
I had the similar problem in Windows 10 a few days back with the "System and Compressed Memory".

After some googling, a post in a forum suggested that I turn off the following windows features:
Windows logo > Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Turn everything off under "Notifications" (5 things to turn off in my case).  Then, reboot.

Honestly, I'm not sure that is the problem, but it has been OK for a few days now.
So, I don't think it has anything to do with Tixati.
Again, I can't be certain of anything here.

DD
by Guest on 2016/07/01 04:34:00 AM    
Have both main and virtual machine 10 x64's with tixati latest installed, no issues ever that I've seen

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server