Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

problem

by Guest on 2013/10/24 01:05:55 PM    
My tixati is blinking? very fast, few times it can be stopped, but downloading is ok, is that a problem?
by Guest on 2014/06/08 05:21:43 AM    
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I have had the same problem for over a year.  Been searching but haven't found any answer, just more of the same question.  Tixati blinks like crazy during the first GB or so and totally whacks out the screen.  After that it is okay but I can't adjust any settings or make changes to trackers, etc until after a long while.  Weird... no other app had this behavior on my computer.  BTW, have tried on a few other PC's and laptops all running windows 7...
by dolly on 2014/06/16 12:57:37 AM    
what exactly is blinking? the whole program, the icon, what?
by Guest on 2014/06/17 01:12:52 PM    
Guest # 2 :

You did not finish the sentence
" BTW, have tried on a few other PC's and laptops all running windows 7..."

Since we are very poor in mind reading, what did you try to say?

Should it read  " BTW, have YOU tried on ...."
or should it read " BTW, I have tried on ...."
Possible ending of the sentence  : "....and it never occurred on any other laptop"

(I'm not a bean counter, but Please understand, that this is the WORLD wide web
and many users (like me) don't use american-english as their first language. Thanks)
by Guest on 2014/06/17 01:26:42 PM    
Tixati blinks when I add a torrent, prompting me to start the transfer. Is this the kind of blinking you are referring to?

Try unchecking Settings > UI > Behaviour > Flash tray icon ...
by Sailor24 on 2014/06/18 02:05:46 PM    
I knew I had seen that before so I changed some settings and played a bit. When I changed settings away from my normal I could get some flashes but not many, but I run a reasonably powerful computer and run light weight security apps IE AV etc. If I set file allocation back to default instead of sparse, and it increased slightly if I chose not to have the start window.
My suggestion would be to try sparse file allocation under settings/transfers/local files. Then I would allow the startup window Settings/user interface/behavior. While in behavior, you might also UNCHECK activate main window on new transfer.. and uncheck all of the flash when boxes one at a time. The one I am most suspicious of is the channel activities. If you don't use channels disable them settings/ channels first box set to off.

AV and other security programs use a lot of resources when Tixati writes a new file then starts making outside connections, if you are using aggressive ones they can steal all the computers resources leaving you with a machine that really does not have the minimum resources required to run anything else let alone Tixati.
 If you are using any none Microsoft security programs then I would turn them off (only for a minute or so) one at a time until you find the offender. Also make sure you are not running 2 AV or anti-malware programs that mistake is the #1 most common killers of computer resourses.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server