Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Feature Request] Sorting shares with ##mirror directives

by Tuskazi on 2016/06/24 04:52:39 PM    
I like to use the category feature to group related transfers in a category and then put that entire category into my shares with a single ##mirror:cat=123456789 directive. It's great for keeping the share list organized. The problem is that the magnet links end up in random order in my share list and there's no way to sort them as far as I can tell, aside from going back to manually managing the links which can be a bit of a bother if you have large categories.

One could imagine various sorting criteria such as name, file size or date added. It is also desirable to be able to sort according to the chosen criteria in ascending or descending order. The sort parameter might even occur multiple times.

I propose extending the syntax of ##mirror directives to allow for control of the order in which the links appear in a share list. The following examples are merely a suggestion of syntax. The final syntax could (and should) be discussed.

Mirror transfers and sort by transfer name. Sort in ascending order by default.
##mirror:transfers&sort=name

Exactly equivalent to the above directive, just explicitly stating ascending order.
##mirror:transfers&sort=name+asc

Sort descending by name of course.
##mirror:transfers&sort=name+desc

Sort by transfer size in descending order.
##mirror:transfers&sort=size+desc

Sort first by name in ascending order, then by transfer size in descending order.
##mirror:transfers&sort=name+asc&sort=size+desc

This should also work for cutom categories. See my related post about category mirroring: https://forum.tixati.com/support/2653/
##mirror:cat=123456789&sort=name+asc&sort=size+desc

In the future, more options and sort criteria could be added in a similar fashion with key=value pairs separated by ampersands &.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server