Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Win10 Not Recognizing tixati as a program

by Guest on 2016/06/24 04:46:08 AM    
I am trying to setup the default magnet handler, but it doesn't show tixati as an option. Any suggestions on how to make this work so that I dont have to copy magnet link into tixati every time I want to download something. Im running Windows 10 64 bit.
by santos on 2016/06/24 07:58:12 PM    
Go into Tixati > Settings > Shell Integration, and you will see three "Check Now" buttons for torrent, magnet link, and dsc link.

Try clicking the one for magnet link.

Everything works good for me on Win 10 and 8.1 and Fedora 21 Mate.

If you are using a Microsoft browser like Edge, you might have to do it inside it's settings, sometimes it is separate from the operating system.
by Guest on 2016/06/25 01:55:19 AM    
If windows 10 is not even seeing a torrent as a torrent double check your file associations...

start

control panel

default programs

associate a file type or protocol with a program

.torrent - make sure it's Tixati, Tixati's icon will cover the .torrent and "current defautl will/should say Tixati

Maybe you have another torrent program that is taking your torrents?

Maybe you might try to reinstall the latest version of Tixati, and accept the defaults for torrent handling; maybe something got screwy ???

Just a thought...
by Guest on 2016/06/25 04:54:35 AM    
I am using chrome, and when I try to set a default for magnet protocol, it only lets me choose between two other web browsers that I have installed which can function as torrent clients. I prefer tixati over those but don't see it as a option.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server