Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

how do you watch a torrent once you have downloaded it?

by garkinfl on 2013/10/20 09:07:59 PM    
I'm sorry but I'm new to this program and I guess I just don't see how to watch the program once you downloaded it. (that part was easy). I hit the start in the tool bar and it just sits there and looks at me. So frustrating!! I would appreciate any tips or directions any one can offer. Thanks   Gary
by Bugmagnet on 2013/10/22 06:08:50 AM    
you don't watch a torrent.
if anything you'd watch a file you downloaded with a torrent descriptor.

files can take many forms
common videos might end with .ogv, .mp4, .avi, .mkv, .mov, .wmv etc
it might be a set of files in a folder, perhaps named video_ts

i prefer VLC to view videos. with that, open the file or folder you downloaded and play
by nnq2603 on 2013/10/22 09:06:23 AM    
I'm sorry but I'm new to this program and I guess I just don't see how to watch the program once you downloaded it. (that part was easy). I hit the start in the tool bar and it just sits there and looks at me. So frustrating!! I would appreciate any tips or directions any one can offer. Thanks Gary

You just can't watch a *.torrent file. The start button does a task, is start the downloading process of the given torrent. And usually people wait it complete 100% then watch those downloaded files with their default media player.

Sometime people still can watch the content even before it complete (due some media file format header included in first on file data, and can be read without the rest), but it heavily depending on you network bandwidth and download speed. And you have to set download mode to something that download in order from beginning to end of file content which abnormal for torrent transfering (and make download slower), because torrent transfering tend to download any piece of whole file content that the client can get from other peers, and it always random, from popular/easy piece to rare/difficult piece, not in order from start-->end.

So better you start a torrent and wait it complete 100%, then right click --> "Local file" --> "open folder" --> pick the media file in that folder.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server