Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Notification Tone Doesn't work in the new 2.41

by Guest on 2016/06/02 03:17:22 AM    
In all prior versions of tixati, the download complete sound worked great, but no matter which file I choose in 2.41, I get nothing..  I've tried Bell, Chimes, Duck, and all the rest, but no joy.  Windows 10 Pro x64, with all the latest updates and drivers.  Anyone else having this problem??  Any suggestions to resolve this issue?  Thanks!
by Guest on 2016/06/02 05:40:53 AM    
That's odd, it's working for me on win 10 and win 7.

In the old version, was the beep sound coming from your speakers or was it the PC-beep from inside the computer?

You could always check for application volumes in your sound controls.
by Guest on 2016/06/02 06:35:24 AM    
The old version played the notification sound directly from my computer speakers.  The only time the actual computer speaker inside my case sounds is on start-up..  
All my sound settings are valid, and have been for over a year now...  It's just this new version of Tixati that is failing to produce a sound of any kind upon completion.....
by Guest on 2016/06/02 06:41:42 AM    
are you sure your app volume is turned up?
by Guest on 2016/06/02 07:11:12 AM    
Unless I'm greatly mistaken, there is no individual volume control in Tixati.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  It's not a music player, nor is it a video player.  It's a torrent client, right?
by Guest on 2016/06/02 07:19:12 AM    
As a test, I just set the notification sound to be played as a file I have on my local computer.  That worked just fine!!  It's only the built-in sound choices in the new version of Tixati that are not working for me..  Strange indeed!
by santos on 2016/06/02 09:08:17 AM    
That is strange.

It works for me in win7 and win8.1 and fedora 22.  At least the built-ins do (have not tried a wav file yet).

Most windows apps use the PlaySound function to output uncompressed audio from disk files or memory buffers.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd743680%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It seems your system/audio driver is not working using the SND_MEMORY flag, but does work when passed a file path with SND_FILENAME.
by Guest on 2016/06/02 01:11:04 PM    
santos said "It seems your system/audio driver is not working using the SND_MEMORY flag, but does work when passed a file path with SND_FILENAME."

I do not agree..  I have the very latest Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX driver installed, and configured correctly.  The SND_MEMORY flag worked just fine with the last version of Tixati, so I cannot accept that all the sudden it's a system error.  

I'm going to install v2.42 and see if that takes care of the problem.  I'll update with more info after that..
by Guest on 2016/06/02 01:39:50 PM    
Well, same problem with 2.42....  No biggie, it's nothing that will ruin my day.  I'll just configure it to use a local sound file, and life goes on.  Thanks for the suggestions!!
by santos on 2016/06/02 10:18:40 PM    
... the SND_MEMORY flag worked just fine with the last version of Tixati, so I cannot accept ...

Previous versions didn't have sound effects at all and didn't use the PlaySound function.

They previously used the win32 MessageBeep(MB_OK) function to play the system beep notification upon completion.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms680356%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Like it or not, your sound drivers/system have a minor bug somewhere.  As you said, it's not a big deal.  But it's not a bug in Tixati.
by Guest on 2016/06/03 12:20:01 AM    
Fair enough.  Thanks for all the help.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server