Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Bug: Move file/folder if possible when changing location

by Guest on 2016/05/25 08:59:47 PM    
OS = Windows 7 SP1 x64
Tixati v2.38 x64 portable

Think I may have come across a possible bug. I normally download into and seed from within a ramdisk. Once the download has completed I have things arranged so that Tixati moves the completed download from a "Torrent Incoming" folder into a folder titled "Torrent Seeding" (both these folders are in the ramdisk).

In the past I have used the setting Tixati Settings > Transfers > Files > "Directly move file/folder if possible when changing location" with that set to "enabled". I have never had problems with that setting in previous versions of Tixati. However, now when Tixati attempts to move the folder containing the downloaded files of the torrent (let's call it "Example Folder") from Torrent Incoming folder to Torrent Seeding folder it throws out an error message saying something like "Fast moving files failed" and the folder containing the downloaded files doesn't get moved (nothing at all gets moved).

Okay, so I changed the setting "Directly move file/folder if possible when changing location" to "disabled" and tested to see if Tixati would now move the folder containing the downloaded files. The folder and all its contents then got moved okay with one exception: the folder titled "Example Folder" was still left behind in the "Torrent Incoming" folder. Even though it was left behind the folder didn't contain any files. All the files that it contained were correctly moved into a new folder titled "Example Folder" inside the folder titled "Torrent Seeding".

So in all that seems to be two bugs:

(1) Enabling the setting "Directly move file/folder if possible when changing location" doesn't work properly any more - it leads to a complete failure to move anything at all.

(2) When that setting is disabled and Tixati moves newly completed torrent download folders/files the folders/files correctly get moved but an empty 'parent folder' is left behind in the original location.
by Guest on 2016/05/26 01:17:32 AM    
I'm having the same problem with Tixati 2.38 on Windows 7 64-bit.  The files aren't moving when the transfer is done, I'll try your fix next time I use it.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/26 02:12:07 AM    
After v2.34, the DEVteam did a major rewrite. During testing many problems were detected with some new features related to moving files on completion and also processing the shell command on completion. Lots of this was fixed in versions thru v2.38. Some issues remain though in v2.39 alpha1 in the next testing cycle and no doubt will be attended to as that process continues. Word has it that alpha 2 will be soon forthcoming and we'll get to test this more if a cause and fix has been determined.

https://testing.tixati.com/
by Radish on 2016/05/30 02:11:57 PM    
(I was the OP for this thread.) Okay, Bugmagnet. Thanks very much for the information. Much appreciated.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server