Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.39-a1 crashing after startup

by Guest on 2016/05/20 12:11:14 AM    
Using tixati-2.39-a1.win-64bit - Tixati starts up then when checking files it crashes. It happens repeatably.  To mitigate I stop most torrents.  However, when checking stopped torrents it crashes.  Since there are many torrents that need checking I can't find which one is causing the problem.

Since it starts up and downloads before crashing, I want to mention that on complete files are moved to a NAS.
by Guest on 2016/05/20 01:22:36 AM    
since it is repeatable for you, repeat it a bunch of times and send in the error report. if you can send in a bunch (at least say 5-10), it will get noticed easier and fixed quicker.
by Guest on 2016/05/20 03:18:10 PM    
Greetings,

I had the same problem (and I sent my error log as well), windows 10, Hp Pavilion series, DROBO 10tb NAS, running both 2.39-a1 and then switched back to 2.38.

This is what I did:

stop all torrents

open a windows explorer window

deleted all files in my downloads drive (I have a 1 tb external Western Digital Drive)

goto downloads in Tixati

Forced a recheck to reset my downloads and Queue them up

Slowly restarted all my files (I have numerous categories, so I did it category by category) for seeding

I have dozens of categories so I started each one, one at a time to see if my crash happened in a specific category (thus limiting my search to a certain set of files)

Now I can't be sure that this will help you in your specific situation, but it's what I did and no more crashes.  Sure I had to restart all my downloads, but that isn't such a big deal and all appears to be running smoothly again.

All categories are seeding again and downloads are working smoothly again

Hope this helps
by Guest on 2016/05/28 09:35:55 PM    
to first guest: what OS are you using? does it crash if you force check a torrent? does it happen for specific torrents or random torrents? if a specific torrent crashes when checking, send that torrent to the devs. support at tixati dot com

I have dozens of categories so I started each one, one at a time to see if my crash happened in a specific category (thus limiting my search to a certain set of files)

did you narrow down the file/category that was causing your crash?
by janet on 2016/05/29 11:58:07 PM    
To Guest 1 and Guest 3:

if you can send in your core2.dat file it would be appreciated. sent to: support at tixati dot com
by Guest on 2016/05/30 05:54:08 PM    
way back on A1 my crash was happening on my downloads.  I discovered that my external hard drive that I send all downloads to (until completion, then move to my drobo) was full, lots of incomplete transfers that where rather old and I either deleted the torrent and left the data file or just lost track of... anyway, once I stopped everything, deleted my external hard drive data files and restarted my downloads, everything was back to normal.

My external is a small western digital, 1 terabyte drive, so it does fill up over time, especially with "incomplete" files (those pesky downloads that stop at a certain % and never finish).

so, a clean, fresh download start and all is back to normal.

thanks for the posts and suggestions.
by Phil Dendron on 2019/02/13 09:39:02 AM    
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Had to restart after system it froze and Tixati began crashing at the nest reboot as soon as it finished checking the downloads in progress. Turns out, it was the last download that was crashing it. Thank You for your note. I deleted the last one and Tix is up and running again.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server