Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Problem with Bandwidth

by cmills4 on 2016/05/10 09:14:34 AM    
I'm not really sure what is wrong. I set my bandwidth high so downloads do not take so long,and my bandwidth use to go at full capacity to whatever number I set it at. Now, it rises and falls, not even coming close to what it is set at most of the time, making downloading take forever. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the new version I installed. But honestly, I don't know much about torrents. A friend set it up for me.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/10 11:03:06 AM    
Do you know the actual BW that your ISP provides? Have you done any UL and DL speed tests?

Also, incoming BW is not controlled by you or Tixati, except to reduce it. It is a matter of supply, not demand. And all the other peers and seeds control the supply, the amount that they send to you. You can't make then send any more than they want to send or have the capacity to send.

After you find out the actual BW capacity your ISP provides and your system supports by speed tests, then get and load a torrent for a current linux distro, such as ubuntu 16.04. The swarm linked to that should be able to send you lots of BW. Load several if you need to. If that doesn't provide a high level of incoming BW then it would be time to look at your settings and configuration, ports, firewall etc.

https://www.tixati.com/optimize/
by Guest on 2016/05/12 08:46:54 AM    
My Dl speed is 1318.9 kB/s and Ul speed is 834.1 kB/s

What is the torrent you have recommended? What does it do exactly? Is there a port I should use, or is it like I've read, anywhere between 10000-50000?
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/12 10:03:51 PM    
The torrents I recommended are simply linux OS install disc ISO files. I suggested that because you are likely to find they have several hundred seeds and can provide a huge amount of traffic to you. In respects for 'using' them this way, it would be nice to keep seeding those torrents until at least a 1:1 ratio

And for clarification
My Dl speed is 1318.9 kB/s and Ul speed is 834.1 kB/s

Your download is 1318.9 kBytes/s (10 mbits/s) and UL is 834.1 kBytes/s (6.6 mbits/s), right?
by cmills4 on 2016/05/13 07:11:04 PM    
yes. can i increase it or is it ok?
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/15 01:39:50 AM    
to begin testing I would set my bandwidth limits to 1000 kB/s DL (Incoming) and 640 kB/s UL (Outgoing)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server