Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

v2.39-a1 / windows 64

by Guest on 2016/05/09 03:55:29 PM    
I have roughly 2000 torrents (not all active)

I go to edit the name / remove and/or add trackers and then when I go to move the file to a category folder and merge w/ an existing file, Tixati can take up to 5 minutes before "checking" the file.  All I get is the blue spinning circle.  Eventually, it does start to check the file, but can take forever.

I'm not sure what logs you'll need, but this seems to be my only issue.

Thanks...
by Guest on 2016/05/10 07:09:54 AM    
I've always wondered how tixati would fare with this many torrents loaded. Other than this problem is there any other slowdown differences that appear in Tixati/the GUI with this many loaded?
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/10 07:18:32 AM    
I'm not clear on what file renaming, removal or adding trackers has to do with this if anything.

The problem seems to be related to changing the category which results on moving the torrent to the location defined for that category right?

What size is the torrent? That may matter.
What OS?
What HW CPU specs etc?

Is the drive internal or external? If external, how is it connected? USB2? USB3? eSATA?

Size does matter. When I force check one of my torrents (on ext USB2 drive), it takes hours to complete - but it is 1 TB!
by Guest on 2016/05/10 04:02:19 PM    
Thanks BugMagnet... you hit the nail on the head.

I have a 15 TB Drobo, that stores all my files.  My computer is connected to my cable modem, and my cable modem is connected to my TV and Drobo.  the computer is connected via a rather lengthy USB Cable.  I don't have the right length so its a 50ft cord, I need about 20ft just haven't gotten to it yet...

Also you specified something I discovered after I came home from work.  The problem I ran into was caused by a VERY LARGE Torrent.  Many Gigabytes, so I believe that is the problem.

You are also right about the Scanning process, going through that ritual takes quite a while.  However, w/ v2.39-a1 the scan time has reduced significantly.  2.38 took about a day and a 1/2 to scan all through my torrents.

I want to thank the positive feedback and am a happy Tixati user.  Keep up the outstanding work team!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server