Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

padlock icon meaning ?

by roninpunkboy on 2016/05/08 12:01:31 PM    
Hi I have a number of torrents from a private tracker that I am registered with. There are 11 torrents in total 8 of them have a little padlock icon next to them. What does this indicate ?
Am mainly asking as these do not seem to upload whereas the others from the same site but without the padlock have uploaded.

Are the padlocks showing that there is a setting on these torrents from the site itself or is there a setting in tixati that I need to change in order to make these available ?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated
:-)
by Guest on 2016/05/08 02:16:15 PM    
The padlock indicates the torrent is private. No padlock would seem to indicate that DHT is enabled.
by BMu33 on 2016/05/08 02:41:35 PM    
It means it's a private torrent, Tixati will only connect to peers from the tracker - DHT and PEX are disabled for this torrent.
by YandereKate on 2016/05/08 05:01:30 PM    
Padlock mean Private torrents so it won't use DHT or Peer Exchange
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/08 09:11:10 PM    
The padlock is explained on the documentation pages.

See the "Name" field info at https://support.tixati.com/transfers%20view

The padlock indicates the silly person who created the torrent set the "private" flag, which then prevents the use of DHT and PEX to find active seeds.
by Guest on 2016/05/10 08:11:31 AM    
If the torrent creator has forgotten to disable DHT, PEX and peer discovery, then Tixati won't recognise it as private and therefore won't have a padlock.
by roninpunkboy on 2016/05/12 09:10:56 PM    
hi a big thanks to everyone who replied to my enquiry.
tixati is a great piece of software and clearly the forum is great as well, thanks again.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server