Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati v2.38 win64 - Moving on complete not working.. sometimes

by Guest on 2016/05/04 06:41:56 AM    
The moving to a category folder on complete doesn't work automatically 100% of the time. It seems to fail 9 times out of 10 on average, occasionally properly moving the transfer. When a transfer completes it remains in the Incomplete folder... But changing the category to nothing then back to its category then moves the file to the proper destination. Just a note, this problem has existed all throughout the v2.37 beta when a major change to the file handling was done.

Just to ensure no funny stuff went and installed Tix 2.38 into a fresh win 8.1 virtual machine, confirmed the problem still exists with a 9/10 ratio of failure.
by Guest on 2016/05/04 08:04:20 AM    
are you playing the file(s) when they complete or do you have anti-virus running? something that might be holding a lock on the files, and preventing them from moving?
is there any error in the event log? do they stop seeding?
if you drop a torrent into the category does it set the download/seeding folders correct?
while the torrents are downloading, in the options tab, on local files, do the download/complete paths display correctly?

to clarify:

you have torrents in a category. that category has a downloading and seeding folder set, and when most torrents finish they are staying in the downloading folder? or do they go to your default seeding folder?
by Guest on 2016/05/04 10:11:50 AM    
I will do some log analyzing and get back to you with a better answer.
by Guest on 2016/05/04 05:48:46 PM    
I am having the same issue. I have v2.38 on two different machines and both do not move the completed torrent after it finished downloading. I was not playing the files at all. The only anti-virus running is Windows Defender. On one machine it was a fresh install of Tixati and I checked the folders to make sure everything was correct.
by Guest on 2016/05/04 06:06:07 PM    
if the torrent completely stops (no seeding) when it completes downloading, it will not be moved.  If it continues seeding, though; it will go ahead and move.  It appears something was changed so that the act of stopping the torrent completely interrupts and or interferes with moving the torrent after completion.
by Guest on 2016/05/05 06:14:31 AM    
I've done some further testing, and here's what I came up with.  If a torrent is a single file not in a folder, it moves on completion with no problems (whether seeding continues or not).  If a torrent consists of folders that needs to be moved, it will move them upon download completion of seeding continues after download completion.  If, however, there are folders involved and seeding stops at the same time as downloading completes (so that everything stops completely) then the folders are not moved.

It's easy to test... just set a download to infinite seeding to see it move every time (with or without folders), or set a download to a really small amount of seeding (I used .01 to test this) and single files will still move, but downloads involving folders won't.
by Guest on 2016/05/05 10:50:41 AM    
My 9/10 ratio is explained by all of this. I'm finding the same thing as you, with the same rules. The move only happens if there is seeding time after torrent completion or a single file, etc.
by Guest on 2016/05/05 11:04:17 AM    
Log of a failed example: Torrent is a single video file The.Video.mp4 in a folder named TheTorrentsFolder:
(Altered names of everything for anonymity)

[12:25:05 AM]  downloading initiated
[12:25:10 AM]  file created > The.Video.mp4
[12:25:10 AM]  file created > Torrent-Downloaded-from-asite.txt
[12:25:48 AM]  completed DHT search, found 425 peers
[12:29:14 AM]  file complete > Torrent-Downloaded-from-asite.txt
[12:49:05 AM]  file complete > The.Video.mp4
[12:49:05 AM]  complete
[12:49:05 AM]  fast-moving folder from E:\DL\Incomplete\TheTorrentsFolder to E:\DL\In - TV\TheTorrentsFolder
[12:49:05 AM]  moving data location from E:\DL\Incomplete to E:\DL\In - TV
[12:49:05 AM]  moving data location from E:\DL\Incomplete to E:\DL\In - TV
[12:49:05 AM]  stopping

There was no seeding time, instant stop.
After this point the transfer sits in E:\DL\Incomplete\TheTorrentsFolder\The.Video.mp4
No sign in the log of the moving have failed or whatnot.
Setting the category to nothing and then back to it's category (TV) then does the move properly.

[2:39:21 AM]  peer-id set to ############
[2:40:20 AM]  fast-moving folder from E:\DL\Incomplete\TheTorrentsFolder to E:\DL\In - TV\TheTorrentsFolder
[2:40:20 AM]  moving data location from E:\DL\Incomplete to E:\DL\In - TV

Now it's in it's proper location, at: E:\DL\In - TV\TheTorrentsFolder\The.Video.mp4
by QuestGod on 2016/05/05 08:21:05 PM    
I've had the same issue.  Every version of Tixati worked fine in regard to moving the completed files.  Now, with 2.38, it fails (sometimes).

I've moved back to 2.34 until they work this out.

The only virus scanner I'm using on the server is the built-in Windows Defender.  I'm running Win 10 Pro (64 bit).
by Guest on 2016/05/05 09:08:56 PM    
I can confirm that if you disable seeding until a ratio is reached, the files move. The problem is that the files remain locked forever by tixati in the completed downloads folder making them impossible to move by shell scripts or the user. This is a nightmare for people with media centers.
by Guest on 2016/05/06 02:35:57 PM    
I do not not have a problem with the file moving on completion but I do have a problem with v2.38 freezing when I click on any torrent file, I have to use task viewer to close it, if I leave it alone it will complete the download.
Very annoying as I love Tixati and have used it from it's launch almost.

Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.
by Guest on 2016/05/08 01:03:00 AM    
This is not limited to Windows; I am running 2.38 under Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon and can confirm the same issue.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/05/08 10:44:17 AM    
This morning, v2.39 Alpha 1 was released with many changes to the file handling core process.  https://testing.tixati.com/

Please test that version to see if it fixes the problems you have been observing.
by Guest on 2016/05/09 05:34:26 AM    
v2.39-a1 win64 - Just completed downloading a dozen good test torrents, the files are now properly moved at all times despite seeding conditions, the problem appears fully fixed. Thanks devs!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server