Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

2.38 heavy resource utilization and freeze

by Guest on 2016/05/02 10:58:21 AM    
I used to share using 2.35 with no problem. Then after update to 2.38, sth happens sometime after task initiation. After 2 or 3 hours of seed/dl of 5 torrents of each size 50gb, things go soar and tixati stops responding, except every 15 secend, when interface refreshes and then the 15 sec freeze starts again. Other apps on windows remain responsive by the way. I think it's that new cpu thing you just implemented. My cpu os Amd turion x2 ( I know it's ancient) and the laptop is just there to run tixati and nothing else. Os is win 10 1511, and I'm using x64 tixati too.
Any help would be appreciated.
by Guest on 2016/05/02 11:59:32 PM    
a little more detail please.

does it freeze FOR 15 seconds or does it freeze EVERY 15 seconds. if every 15 seconds, long does it freeze for?
so, it runs fine for a few hours and then you get the freezing?
during the freezing, does traffic still go through?
if you stop the transfers does it still freeze?
are you running the channels?
by Guest on 2016/05/06 11:35:39 AM    
Sorry for late answer. It freezes for 15 secs.there is a 1 sec gap between 15 sec freezes when I can for example pause the transfer and the another 15 secs of freeze. The pattern repeats of course. Yes after one or two hours it starts freezing. Yes stoping and resuming fixes the problem temporary. No data  transfer happens during freeze. No I have turned channels off. Thanks for your reply. The problem actually persists and I had to downgrade. For now.
by Guest on 2016/05/12 09:23:31 AM    
No body on the same boat?
by Guest on 2016/05/12 03:24:53 PM    
have you tried the alpha? try it and see if things run better.

https://testing.tixati.com/
by lBaltazar on 2016/05/13 06:01:42 PM    
Greetings,

first, sorry for my English.

Is Tixati have new RAM utilisation model since v2.37?
Because I use SSD and have very few torrents (max 3...7), but GUI responsability is terrible in last time.

Tixati starting wit 49/58 KiBi Private/Working Set, after 24 hours I see near 500/700 MiBi RAM eating w/o any intensive upload/download.
When I try move from one torrent to other under Transfers view (because of manual announce) I got delay/freeze in GUI about 0.75-1.25 s (in v2.38 and v2.39).
by Guest on 2016/05/19 06:06:16 PM    
I have seen this as well. I recently started using Tixati about a week ago (ver 2.38). Everything was fine at first, but my torrents were all < 100MB. I recently started d/l'ing 3 new torrents, each about 4 GB in size, and now I'm seeing the same 15-ish second freezing pattern whenever any of those three large torrents are actively downloading. My computer is completely bogged down while this is happening, even the mouse cursor doesn't respond and I can't switch windows or even bring up the C+A+D screen until whatever this issue is stops happening, however briefly. If I stop the 3 large torrents, everything goes back to normal. This happens regardless of any other programs being open or not, even when Tixati is the first and only program I've launched.

I have optimized my network settings in Tixati (right off the bat BTH). I have set file allocation to full pre-write. I have set my Windows Virtual Memory Paging File size to a static value of 2GB, and I have 2 pages files on 2 HDDs. All to no avail, and I haven't found any other things I can tweak to stop this.

The only thing I haven't tried is the latest beta, which will be my next step.
by Guest on 2016/05/19 07:08:28 PM    
Same Guest as before... Found the answer, it was my anti-virus. Once I whitelisted the folder I use for incomplete torrents, everything started acting as expected. I noticed in Task Mgr that my A/V process was showing occasional CPU spikes through all the performance lag. I also noticed that it was happening mostly when one or more torrent pieces were showing a status of "attempting to save...". My conclusion is that Tixati and my A/V were thrashing my hard drive together in some kind of scanning/writing loop.
by Guest on 2016/05/25 09:07:58 PM    
what is your av suit? im using Windows Defender.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server