Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.38 - Moving Finished Files

by Guest on 2016/04/30 12:08:01 PM    
In 2.38 the finished files are not moved to the right folder any more (upon completion option).

Thanks
by Guest on 2016/04/30 07:08:59 PM    
I'm using Windows 10 64 bit Pro.
by santos on 2016/04/30 08:46:36 PM    
Just curious, what path are you moving those files to upon completion?  Is it one of the Windows "Library" paths?  Is it anything unusual like a USB key?

And after the move on complete fails, is it possible to manually do it by right-click the torrent and change Location to the intended destination?  Does this work without error?

Are there any unusual settings in Tixati you are using, like file completion shell commands?

It works good on my system, but you are the second report of this in the forum, so there must be something going on here...
by santos on 2016/04/30 08:47:50 PM    
here is the other report, maybe the replies will help narrow it down

https://forum.tixati.com/support/2499/
by Guest on 2016/04/30 11:46:09 PM    
It seems that some folders are moved and some not. The destination is a totally normal windows path, in the same drive, just an other folder. I have used that for ages with Tixati without a single problem.

The latest updates broke this.
by Guest on 2016/04/30 11:51:06 PM    
Having the same problem.

I'm using ".tix" in the unfinished download extension, Tixati renames some, can't rename others then drops the move altogether with an error status I don't remember right now.
by Guest on 2016/05/01 03:40:47 AM    
To the last two replies in this thread:  Please post some logs for the developers.  I think they get that something is not working, but in order to fix it, you need to post things like error numbers, or a bit more detailed descriptions of exactly *how* these moves failed.  Was there an error status when the files "failed to move"?  Did the transfer completely stop and go red?  Or did some files not have their locations changed, and others did?

These may be somewhat rare problems, there was lengthy public alpha-testing, so for anyone who gets these problems, PLEASE be as detailed and meticulous as possible in your diagnosing and reporting.  This will go a very long way in helping the developers get these final bugs worked out.

There is also a file diagnostic log under the Help Button > Diagnostic Tools submenu.  This can be helpful if you can isolate the problem behavior with no other transfers running.
by Guest on 2016/05/01 03:42:14 AM    
experiment: disable your anti-virus scanner and try again, then post the results here

what are your error numbers?  that important guys
by Guest on 2016/05/01 10:21:39 AM    
I have exactly the same problem. When a download completes, the log shows a message that says "fast moving from c:\bt\<file> to c:\users\<user>\Downloads\<file>", but the move doesn't happen, and there is no sign of an error anywhere.

I haven't changed any of my configuration settings, and this all worked perfectly prior to me installing v. 2.38.

I'm running on Windows 7 64bit.
by Guest on 2016/05/01 02:31:06 PM    
There are NO error for me.

fast-moving folder from T:\Downloads\Tixati\filenamexxxxx to T:\Downloads\Finished\filenamexxxxx
[3:19:30 __]  moving data location from T:\Downloads\Tixati to T:\Downloads\Finished
[3:19:30 __]  stopping

but the file is NOT moved.
by Guest on 2016/05/02 09:10:58 PM    
I've got some info that may help...  if a torrent stops at the same time as it would be moved; it isn't moved.  If, however, the torrent keeps seeding, the files are moved.  So somehow, the stopping at the same time as moving is causing the move not to occur.  To test, just set a torrent to infinite seeding after completion... it will be moved on completion.  And set another to an incredibly small seeding amount (I tried 0.01% to test this) and it will not be moved because it stops immediately upon completion; preventing the files from being moved.
by Guest on 2016/05/02 11:47:06 PM    
are you guys using any antivirus? if so turn it off and report back.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server