Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Moving completed files

by Guest on 2016/04/29 06:49:34 PM    
After upgrading to version 2.37, Tixati stopped moving completed files as it used to.  I have it set to download into a temp folder, then move files into a library folder upon completion and now it no longer moves them after completion.  This started with version 2.37; and I tried 2.38 to see if maybe that was among the fixes, but 2.38 still doesn't move completed files either.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/04/29 10:10:39 PM    
The DEVs may need more detailed information on this.

What OS? And local environment?

I have been testing moves and relocating files/folders quite a lot since the v2.35 alpha test versions were made available.
Initially I detected several bugs in the processes and these were gradually fixed. But obviously I can't test all scenarios that might cause a glitch.

I am using v2.38 now on windows 7 pro 64 bit

I have my default set to download the torrent into my IN folder and when it is complete, to move it to my FINished folder. I also have different locations set as defaults for certain categories. I had 2 torrents complete within the last 2 hours and they moved automatically into my FIN folder.

There is a new option in Settings/Transfers/Files for Move individual files immediately upon completion {x} and I have that enabled. I also have Directly move file/folder if possible when changing location {x}" enabled. I'll disable those and see if the moves fails also like you are reporting. (UPDATE: I just had another torrent finish with these 2 options disabled and it moved to my designated FIN seeding folder as expected.) So I cannot replicate your experience with win7 pro 64 bit on my HW platform.

Also, there are new options for the shell command feature which might have an impact. Do you have any custom shell commands added?
by QuestGod on 2016/05/05 08:26:06 PM    
This started happening to me with 2.38 as well.  Some files move over fine, so your limited testing might not be enough.  (Or this is a factor that causes this to only happen to some systems).  There is another thread on this as well.  Certainly something broke in 2.38.  All previous versions never had this issue for me.

I'm running Win 10 Pro (64 bit).  The only virus scanner running for me is the built in Windows Defender.

For now, I've rolled back to 2.34 until they work this out.  2.38 sounds like a major update so it's not surprising some issues will pop up.  I'm sure they will work it out.

Do devs comment on these forums?  I'm pretty new but I haven't seen any comment on the threads I've looked at so far.
by jmdanmar on 2016/05/27 06:20:42 AM    
Same here. Some files are moved while others are not. Doesn't seem to be a pattern either. Using 2.38 on Win10 64-bit.
by janet on 2016/05/27 06:45:38 AM    
try version 2.39 alpha-2. this should be fixed.

https://testing.tixati.com/

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server