Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Start/Stop shortcut in taskbar

by Guest on 2016/04/24 10:58:26 AM    
Is there an option or could it be added, that just like in some music or video programs, when you hover over the icon in the taskbar the Play/Pause button appears so you technically don't have to bring the app up. Sometimes I need to stop my download for a few minutes till YouTube or something else loads and it would be nice to have that.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/04/24 07:35:26 PM    
First, thank you for asking about this. Until you did, I was somewhat reluctant to use the functionality that is already there. Your post prompted me to do some tests and I discovered that Tixati already does what you want (mostly) and not what I had expected.

The functionality is already there, just not on "hover over". It is available on Right-click of both that icon and the Transfer Button.

In Windows, if you Right-click on the Tixati icon, it has Stop All Transfers on the menu.

Once they are all stopped, another Right-click on icon will show the alternate command: Restart All Transfers

At first this was a little confusing to me. What does "All" mean? Until today, I had assumed "All" meant "All" so I seldom if ever used that command. I had used the "All Stop" before but never the "Restart All".

I have a large collection of torrents, but I choose not to re-seed them all.  Presently I select about 1800 torrents from that collection to seed at any given time. I would not want Tixati to start seeding ALL the torrents I might have. And apparently, to my surprise, it does not do this, so I find the current menu command labeling on both the Transfer Button and icon menus is ambiguous and confusing.

On testing, it appears that Restart All Transfers only restarts the same transfers that were active before being stopped and not ALL the torrents I actually have. To eliminate such confusion, I'd suggest the menu item labels be changed, perhaps to something like this:

Stop All Transfers  -->  Pause All Transfers

and

Restart All Transfers --> Resume Prior Transfers
by YandereKate on 2016/04/24 07:35:54 PM    
If you right click on the status bar icon (the tiny one on the bottom right) you can start and stop all torrents from there. http://i.imgur.com/MRdldLM.png
by Pete on 2016/04/24 10:03:46 PM    
If you don't want to completely stop all transfers you can set up bandwidth presets to limit bandwidth used by Tixati. They are also accessible by the task bar icon's right click menu. The benefit is you won't lose all connections, drawback: you have to expand Bandwidth submenu.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server