Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Preallocate files and mark with an extension

by Guest on 2013/10/15 04:50:25 PM    
I am a previous user of utorrent and one feature I have noticed that I cannot find is mark files with different extension until downloaded. Like utorrent would mark with .!ut or something like that until the file was completed, then it would set the correct extension. I love that feature but cannot seem to locate it, I download many files and sometimes I end up checking for them remotely and seeing the.!ut in the directory would let me know it was not ready. Am I missing the feature somewhere or is it not built in?

Like what I see in Tixati so far!

Thanks all,
Later
by Guest on 2013/10/16 12:06:09 PM    
instead of using crappy file extensions for incomplete files, Tixati uses 'move on complete'. just set a folder to move complete torrents to and then you know if it's in there it's done.
by Sporadea on 2013/10/16 02:48:09 PM    
Tixati uses 'move on complete'...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is not good solution for at least two reasons:
1. If you download a big file, for example HD movie with size 30...40 GB. After finish there is appreciable load on hard drive when moving file.
2. 'Move on complete' requieres permanent control of temp folder content, because old tasks are not deleted often.

As a result "mark with an extension" is much more convenient.
by Guest on 2013/10/16 05:42:23 PM    
Ok, cool thanks for the answer, will set that option.
by Pete on 2013/10/16 06:12:09 PM    
This function was requested by many users before and I hope it will be added eventually.
by DrTeeth on 2013/10/16 11:28:58 PM    
+1 for this too.
by DrTeeth on 2013/10/21 12:38:39 AM    
@ Sporadea

Depending on where one is moving, a move can be a simple change in the folder information and can be instantaneous as no data is physically moved.
by tazmo8448 on 2013/12/16 12:28:54 PM    
I recently downloaded a 6 gb .torrent to S:\ drive but it also put 6 gb on my C:\ any body have an idea where that other file may be? I have looked in Program Data, Users, Program Files(86), Program Files and Windows with no luck.
by tazmo8448 on 2013/12/16 12:31:48 PM    
I also went to Control Panel>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden Files in hopes it would reveal the file but still coming up dry.
by EvilLivesHere on 2013/12/17 10:17:15 PM    
@Tazmo8448
Well it could be the temporary files Tixati stores on your computer while downloading the files, but they shouldn't be using that much room.  Check your Incomplete Piece Storage Location, found in settings under Transfers->Local Files.  Other than that, I'm not sure what Tixati could have done to add anything to your C drive.
by Bugmagnet on 2013/12/18 05:16:33 AM    
try searching the C:\ drive by filename
since it appears to be a complete 6gb set of files you should get a match and location that way
by Jeremy on 2014/06/28 07:01:13 PM    
I'm not sure of this forum’s etiquette.  Should I be starting a new thread to second this idea?

When you set a folder to move on completion, it doesn’t move it until all files are downloaded.  If just the extension changes, you can see which files are done as they finish.  Allowing scripts and automation to occur.

As an example, when downloading a series of videos, I can have my computer exclude .ti! (or whatever) files when it sync’s to the Hard Drive attached to my TV.  With the first video of the series set to high priority, I could start watching it before the rest are done downloading.

Hopefully this is something you consider implementing.

Please and thank you.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server