Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Request for Bandwidth Seeding/Downloading switching improvement

by Pete on 2016/04/22 09:27:01 PM    
Hello

Bandwidth Seeding/Downloading Default presets work OK when downloads are active but every now and then a download gets stalled at 99% or becomes extremely slow. In those cases I have to switch downloading and seeding presets manually. Sometimes it takes weeks to complete such stalled/slow transfer and all that time Seeding/Downloading Defaults aren't switching automatically. Maybe Tixati Team have some clever idea to improve this mechanism, so that it would work in described situations.

Thanks!
by BMu33 on 2016/04/23 04:52:20 PM    
I'm not sure I understand what problem you are having. Perhaps you could explain in more detail?

I have to switch downloading and seeding presets manually
What do you mean by "downloading and seeding presets"?

all that time Seeding/Downloading Defaults aren't switching automatically
What are you referring to here?
by Pete on 2016/04/24 09:32:39 AM    
http://support.tixati.com/bandwidth%20presets
Help pages aren't up to date, you can set a preset as Downloading Default and another one as Seeding Default. Those two are switched automatically. When all transfers are seeding the Seeding Default is active, when a downloading transfer is added Tixati switches to Downloading Default. The problem is those changes are based only on transfers status. If a torrent is incomplete and stalled by weeks or extremely slow, the automatic switching doesn't work. To be more specific, the Downloading Default is always on, although there isn't any real downloading or there is but at very low rate.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/04/24 09:47:49 AM    
Pete: if you understand and can explain it in more detail, you can log in and edit that support page and it will be updated subject to a moderator's approval.
by Pete on 2016/04/24 10:14:00 AM    
Yes but my English is far from good, I'd rather be ashamed on forum.
by BMu33 on 2016/04/25 05:06:16 PM    
Wow I've never seen that feature before, didn't think to look in the context menu of the tray icon.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server