Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

"Tixati reports bad stats and spams the servers"

by Guest on 2016/04/21 12:07:57 PM    
Hi,

"Tixati reports bad stats and spams the servers, thats why it is banned."

I've used Tixati for as long as I can remember, I have 600+ active torrents using it. However on a major torrent site I'm on, it has now been banned for the above reason.

This is a huge disappointment, but rather than switch to some other client can the dev(s) please shed any light on what is meant by the above, and fix if possible?

I really, really don't want to move away from Tixati as I love it's small footprint, reliability and fine grain control over torrents.
by Guest on 2016/04/21 06:53:24 PM    
the private tracker you use is wrong. tixati does not report bad stats or spams servers. just change your peer id to an approved client if you really need to use that private tracker.
by ZarkBit on 2016/04/21 07:05:52 PM    
Nope, I have been testing Tixati to debunk the "Tixati reports bad data" and so far there is no proof that it reports bad data, from the test I have made, every value matched on both client & server.

Quite honestly I think ever since Tixati was detected by reporting bad data (which it did, a long time ago) no one ever took the time to re test it, they just blacklisted it and left it the way it is.

It is hilarious that many private trackers recommend old clients which haven't been updated for years, and yet they despise new clients which constantly improve.
by Guest on 2016/04/22 11:51:45 AM    
ZarkBit out of curiousity are you of any note within the private tracker communities are your tests actually going to change anything. Just curious seeing as I love tixati and hate that I can't use it.
by ZarkBit on 2016/04/23 12:29:41 AM    
I'm trying to whitelist it on a private tracker which I am on, I never liked private trackers, but this ones belongs to a friend of mine and I'm giving him a hand in there.

As for if this will change anything on other communities, quite honestly I will not waste time spreading the word. (I don't give 2 f****s about private trackers, like I said)

Just ask them where did they got that information, and where are the records of such statement. Because I'm pretty sure they are just being a bunch of copy cats, copying the banned list from other sites without any data to back it up.

Another thing you could do, which will take a lot of time, is to offer to make a trial test, with a bunch of downloads and uploads, check records on both Site & client see if they match with each other, and then check if the total uploaded amount of a specific torrent (of all peers) divided by the number of peers that snatched it (exclude the original uploader when dividing by the number of peers) equals the torrent size (if any excess data is sent, the final result will be higher than the torrent size).

Few tips, careful with the Double/Triple upload, some trackers tend to have such features, which may mess up with the data you'll be getting, I had this issue, fortunately I have access to some site data, which allowed me to gather data with perfect accuracy.

Here an illustration, could be better but I think it shows how to:
https://λ.pw/fPp.png
(Safe screenshot)
by ZarkBit on 2016/04/23 06:57:12 AM    
One last thing, related to the method and illustration I have posted, that is just to check if there is any excess data being recorded, it does not mean it is Tixati, it can be other client, but if the values match up, then it's safe to assume that all are sending the proper values.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server