Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Support for movable storage

by Biep on 2016/03/19 04:13:08 PM    
Much of my (Windows) torrent activity is with mobile drives, and some is with USB sticks.  That means the drive letters can change from session to the next - and currently that means I have to move all the (many) active torrents to the new drive letter.

Would it be possible to implement the possibility to use volume names (e.g. the way FreeFileSync does)?  That doesn't seem to difficult, and would make Tixati way more useful.

Or am I missing something and is there already a solution for this?
by Bugmagnet on 2016/03/20 05:39:41 AM    
the simple way to deal with this is to assign static drive letters to your usb media with disk management.

Assign from the tail end Z, Y, X, W, V, etc..  That way any new, unknown devices will get assigned dynamically to E, F, G, H etc.

You'd be advised to keep a list of the letters you assign with the device description along with it so that you don't inadvertently assign the same letter twice since if a device is not currently connected, windows will show that its drive letter is available.
by Biep on 2016/03/22 05:36:36 PM    
Thanks for pointing out that solution.  I still think it would be great to have a more robust solution, but indeed, for simple case this works very well.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server