Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

"Both peers complete" = both peers being seeders?

by MikeyMoMo on 2016/03/09 01:35:50 AM    
I have looked all over and cannot find the definition of "both peers complete".  Seems like that means that both are seeds but they are not reported as such.

Can someone please define "both peers complete" for the community?  It appears in the peers list in the bottom window in the status column.

MikeyMoMo
by Pete on 2016/03/10 05:36:50 PM    
You are right, it means both you and a peer are seeding. It doesn't mean any of you are 100% seed though.
by MikeyMoMo on 2016/03/23 12:08:03 AM    
I found part of this problem.  Windows 10 is not saving some options, some of the time.  I was wanting to stop seeding when there are a certain number of seeds but this is not always saved between executions of the program for all seeds.  Seems to be a Win 10 bug.

But what do you mean that if both peers are complete that they are no 100%?  Seems like those are equivalent terms.

Mike Morrow
by Bugmagnet on 2016/03/23 10:33:02 AM    
I was wanting to stop seeding when there are a certain number of seeds but this is not always saved between executions of the program for all seeds.

I use this 'seed limit' method on win7 without an issue, so as to reserve my UL BW for those torrents without many or any other seeds.

But what do you mean that if both peers are complete that they are no 100%? Seems like those are equivalent terms.

One can be a seed of an incomplete collection. i.e. electing to share only 5 files of a torrent that contains 10 files. They will show as seeds but not with 100%. I once had a 'seed' sharing only 1 single file out of a collection of hundreds in a torrent. They showed as 0% but still as a seed.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server