Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Weird seeding info

by punsher2011 on 2016/03/01 10:48:12 AM    
Hi and Thanks for great Program and updates as always.

I was using deluge in a server and Tixati at home for seeding where i noticed that deluge showed me as a peer having downloaded 0% of the file where i have downloaded 100% of the file and was a seeder .

i was wondering if it's a deluge problem or Tixati?

(modnote: pic removed)
by punsher2011 on 2016/03/01 02:26:18 PM    
updated image to match forum policy .
http://i.imgur.com/maOTVct.png
by Bugmagnet on 2016/03/01 06:39:13 PM    
I experienced something similar on a connection with another Tixati user about 2 weeks ago and gave feedback to the DEVteam at that time. Nice to see some confirmation of this quirk.

They had created a test torrent (for another issue we were investigating) and passed me the magnet link. My tixati showed the seed with 0% to start - actually it also listed them as a "peer" instead of a "seed". As I downloaded from them, their percentage would rise but I always showed more content than them. When I had 76% Tixati reported the seed had 58%.

If I recall correctly, I think I was even showing uploading significant amounts back to them. Weird? I'd say so.
by BMu33 on 2016/03/01 07:21:26 PM    
Do you have super-seeding enabled? I believe super-seeds appear this way, enabling the seed to control which pieces can be requested from it.
by Napsterbater on 2016/03/01 08:55:11 PM    
Normally that is caused if Super Seeding is turned on (aka "Force rarest-first distribution on pieces" in Tixati), and if so that is expected behaviour.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/03/02 12:12:05 AM    
so superseeding causes the seed to show as a peer, with incomplete content?
by Guest on 2016/03/02 10:15:55 AM    
@Bugmagnet

Yes, superseeding causes the seed to show with incomplete content
it's by design

Excerpt from Bitorrent protocols pages BEP16 : http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0016.html

The super-seed feature in S-5.5 and on is a new seeding algorithm designed to help a torrent initiator with limited bandwidth "pump up" a large torrent, reducing the amount of data it needs to upload in order to spawn new seeds in the torrent.

When a seeding client enters "super-seed mode", it will not act as a standard seed, but masquerades as a normal client with no data. As clients connect, it will then inform them that it received a piece -- a piece that was never sent, or if all pieces were already sent, is very rare. This will induce the client to attempt to download only that piece.

read the rest of  the article (it's not long) and full of infos
hope it helps
by punsher2011 on 2016/03/02 12:48:29 PM    
oh thanks, my bad.

Thanks for the great reply and consideration.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server