Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

i want to upload more

by Guest on 2016/02/27 04:03:30 PM    
i like to upload, now i have 100mbit so how can i optimize to use all that?. it uses max half of it.
Everything is ok, it must be some setting or code I can alter, already increased connections and have plnety torrents etc.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/28 06:15:29 AM    
have you done a speed test?

and are you sure you have 100mb/s upload?  That's quite a good connection if you do.

Most ISPs I know limit upload to 10-20% of the Download speed. The service i subscribe to is 30 mb/s DL but only 5 mb/s up.

http://www.tixati.com/optimize  has some information that might help.

I'd make sure the ports tixati is using are whitelisted in any firewalls, especially in the router so it isn't overloaded.  And I would think a quality 1 gb/s router would be highly recommended.

Also monitor your system resources. I'd recommend ABPmon and/or TaskInfo for that: iarsn
keep an eye on CPUsage, TCP traffic and disk I/O with those.

I run with about 30 Upload slots with auto-manage enabled seeding well over 1500 torrents total and I can flatline my limit easily, but it is "only" 10 mb/s total up total with a dual WAN connection. If you can actually reach 100 mb/s UP as verified by a speedtest, you're out of my league.

I am not sure how many "plenty" torrents is, but if you have several hundred, I'd try opening 200 upload ports and see what happens.

Keep us posted.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server