Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Request a feature:Multiple WAN Connections support

by Guest on 2016/02/22 10:00:47 PM    
After all these years that I am using this client I can say that is the BEST torrent
client out there!Even still in serious development with some bugs here and there it is
working very well in both platforms Windows-Linux without shutdown the computer for months!
Now the request that I think is important.Support for multiple WAN connections so to be
able to use Wifi and Ethernet internet connection from Different providers at the same time on computer.
This I think is very useful to laptop users that have the ability to connect to internet via these interfaces that all
laptops equipped now days.This feature exist on Azureus (Vuze) and working very well.They calling this as <binding connections>.
With this enabled you can increase up-down bandwidth speed significantly for torrents with a lot of seeders.
The way to do this I think is simple because the torrent client can use multiple IP connections to do the job.
So say that for one given torrent file link the program itself can see the available clients from multiple
WAN connections and make calculations to use them more efficiently.

Best Regards from Thessaloniki-Greece and congrats to developer!
by Guest on 2016/02/23 10:19:23 AM    
Hello

<binding connections> to multiple WAN interface

1. Go to Settings -> Network -> Connection
2. Click the button near "Local IPV4 Address or interface" to select an interface name

hope it helps
by Guest on 2016/02/23 03:51:04 PM    
perhaps look into some older cisco/linksys routers
RV-042, RV-082 and RV-016

These support multiple WAN connections and can handle heavy torrent traffic also. Since many models are EOL, they might be rather inexpensive on the used device market.
by Napsterbater on 2016/02/23 06:26:44 PM    
A) OSs dont make this a simple task, they pick one or the other for default outgoing connections.

B) Get a Dual WAN Router. There are so few users who have both connections directly on the computer, most that have dual connection have a dual WAN router to handle it.
by Guest on 2016/02/25 04:45:45 AM    
Hi and thanks all of you for you replies.
I tried for bidding my WAN connections from
Settings\Network\Connection Settings>Local interface but
unfortunatly you can select only ONE connection
at time.You can not use them simultaneously.
Of course I have special router for combining WANs
but it does not work very well because when I use
torrent protocol almost all activity of it going only
to one external connection!With Vuze it is not happening
this and external clients see me from both connections!
The routers of this kind Balancing the external WANs and
the clients see me as single IP and not multiple.
The problem of course is always the OS as it always use
only one WAN for Internet purposes.
And that is the reason that I am asking the software itself
do the neccesary job for this.

Thanks again!
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/25 06:27:30 PM    
I do not understand this.  What sort of "special router" are you using?

If you do have a actual multi-WAN router, you make only a single connection to it from your computer, so whether you are running Vuze or Tixati makes no difference at this point. The traffic goes over the same cable to the router.

Perhaps you do not have the router configured to pass the ports and protocols Tixati is using?  And what if any load-balancing is configured for the ethernet port your computer is connected to?

I am using some old legacy "small business router" made under the Linksys label when Cisco owned it. When they sold Linksys off, they kept this line of routers in house and have since built on it with the gb/s RV320/325 series under the Cisco label.

I have two 30/5 mb/s WAN services connected to my multi-WAN router. I have my outgoing BW limit set to 1024 KiB/s (8 mib/s) and it flatlines at that level, far about the ISP level of 5 mb/s on each line so it has to be bonding the WAN connections properly.

Yesterday, I started downloading several debian packages that have a huge supporting swarm. My incoming BW was set to a limit of 6144 KiB/s (~50 mb/s) and it flatlined there, just short of the combined 60 mb/s ISP service level. When I momentarily disabled the outgoing BW limit on Tixati, my UL traffic rose even higher obviously.

My Tixati traffic is connecting through a path of two routers: first my local multi-WAN router, then from that to the router built into the cable modem and it works fine. Hence I do not think this is a Tixati issue.

I'd suspect your "special router" and/or how it is configured and connected to the upstream routers connecting to the WAN. Another things is that it takes time to make the connections as some peers will be connecting to 1 of your WAN IPs and some on the other. You have to have multiple torrents and lots of peers to connect to so that your BW is utilized well.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server