Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Behavior of Category feature.

by Guest on 2016/02/20 10:18:34 AM    
Hello.
Great software. Thank you for your hard work.

My question is about the behavior of "categories" in conjunction with the two configurable storage folders. (Default and Completion)
I have set the default folder to A, and the completion folder to B(check-box is ticked). When I set a category during the transfer, the file is instantly moved to the new categorized folder nested within B. The categorization is occurring before the transfer is complete. Is this is the intended behavior?

I want to use the Default folder to store incomplete files, and then move(sort) them upon completion. This way I can manage the complete files without having to check their status in the client. I could achieve this by categorizing the torrents after completion, but I prefer to set-it-and-forget-it.

Perhaps I am using the settings incorrectly? I hope this makes sense. Any advice would be great.

Thank you,
Tixati Fan Man
by Guest on 2016/02/22 02:56:25 PM    
When setting the locations for a specific category (Category Properties -> Local Files tab), leave "Downloading Location" as "None". Change "Seeding Location" to the place you want the torrents in that category moved once they are finished.

Now torrents in that category will use the default downloading location, and the category specific completed location.
by Guest on 2016/02/23 09:12:56 AM    
It works. Thanks!

I think Tixati would benefit from some "tool-tips" or basic instructions hard-coded in the windows themselves. I never would have figured that out.

Thanks again.
Ciao

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server