Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Request a feature - Local files location column

by Guest on 2016/02/16 05:53:38 AM    
Please add possibility to select column of local files location. It would be very very helpful for many different managing tasks.
Its very hard to do managing when there are huge number of transfers in many different partitions and folders. If it would be possible to arrange
transfers according to their location, it would make life so much easier.

There is no other way to do what I would like to accomplish, other than manually find and select those transfers that has the same location.
But that takes too much time with huge number of transfers.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/16 02:52:36 PM    
How did the transfers get placed in so many different places?

I don't know what you are trying to do or how you are organizing your files but I have found that assigning categories helps me.

I can assign a category for Comedy and then assign a folder where these are moved for future seeding after download. Category and location then become linked.
by Guest on 2018/03/24 10:40:33 AM    
+1 on this. Have an elaborately organized and expansive folder structure that has survived multiple client migrations.  The multiple layers of hierarchy become useless if you can't sort by them and can't be replicated by categories.
by Dan911 on 2018/04/09 04:03:50 PM    
+1. Location column could be an option, as others: Create/start date, pause/last activity date, finished date/total run time...
It may sound like I'm clumsy or don't know how to use a computer/tixati, but there's no one-size-fits-all solution here.

My PC has a few external drives, and I put downloads into SD cards temporarily (to avoid fragmentation and until I test) according to their sizes and current available space both on the temp media and storage units. It is messy but it is what I got now.

Of course I could create "Temp1", "Temp2", etc categories until I finish downloading/checking, but what about the many files scattered around my drives?

One possible (?) feature for power users in the future would be multi-volume, removable media, big libraries support.
Location could be a first step.
by Guest on 2018/04/22 02:58:09 AM    
+1, I really need this feature, I must know where my files live
by Guest on 2018/04/24 07:01:33 PM    
+1.

I have requested this before as the Location Column does nothing now. I expected it would show me Torrent location.

D.
by Guest on 2018/10/26 02:09:15 PM    
Any update on this?

D.
by Guest on 2019/04/03 06:52:20 AM    
Any news on this feature? This is an organization must have.
by Guest on 2019/04/04 01:59:41 PM    
+1.

Have been waiting for years! The column is there but empty. I am sure it is not that hard to implement.
by Guest on 2019/04/04 09:07:43 PM    
the location column is for the peer location, like what country the peer is in, US, Canada, Netherlands ...
by Guest on 2019/04/16 04:56:17 PM    
We are talking about the Location Column in the Transfer Section, not in the Peers Tab.
by Guest on 2019/11/04 01:30:34 PM    
+1
by Guest on 2019/11/20 04:47:48 AM    
Would love to see file location added. Recently had a HDD failure and when I replaced it I wound up with a mix of files that had screwed up locations. I had both the failing HDD and new HDD installed and was trying to move the torrents to the new location and verify them as I went. Having to right click each torrent and check local files, location each time was problematic. Largely because the location shows two "completed", "Working" etc and you have to literally hover over each one to see the tooltip to determine the actual location.

Being able to sort by a file location column would have been a godsend.
by Guest on 2021/01/16 01:00:11 AM    
This would help so much with organization
by Guest on 2021/02/05 07:38:29 PM    
+1!
by curtwagner1984 on 2021/08/03 06:55:53 PM    
+1 If that matters.
It seems like a trivial feature to implement given that Tixati already knows the save path of the torrents. It just needs to display said path in the 'location' column in the transfer tab. And allow sorting and searching based on said column, like the name column. All the logic already exists. But the topic is from 2016, and there doesn't seem to be any change.
by Guest on 2021/08/04 08:02:31 PM    
+1000  I would love to be able to sort by the actual location of the file.  It should be easy to add this to a column .. seeing as the information is available just by hovering over the file name.

Please Please Please.
by Guest on 2021/09/27 04:43:12 AM    
Why has this not been implemented yet?  It' can't be that hard and would make a huge difference in file organization and leaving files available longer for seeding.  Please do this!
by janet on 2021/12/12 01:50:01 PM    
Check out Tixati v2.87.
From the news page:
in the Transfers view Layout > Select Columns dialog, added new tab for optional Files view columns
added optional Location column to Transfers view and Files view
added optional Move On Complete column to Transfers view and Files view
in Peers view, renamed Location column to Country
show full paths for tooltip for Location and Move On Complete columns

https://www.tixati.com/download/

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server