Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Request a feature - Local files location column

by Guest on 2016/02/15 11:53:38 PM    
Please add possibility to select column of local files location. It would be very very helpful for many different managing tasks.
Its very hard to do managing when there are huge number of transfers in many different partitions and folders. If it would be possible to arrange
transfers according to their location, it would make life so much easier.

There is no other way to do what I would like to accomplish, other than manually find and select those transfers that has the same location.
But that takes too much time with huge number of transfers.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/16 08:52:36 AM    
How did the transfers get placed in so many different places?

I don't know what you are trying to do or how you are organizing your files but I have found that assigning categories helps me.

I can assign a category for Comedy and then assign a folder where these are moved for future seeding after download. Category and location then become linked.
by Guest on 2018/03/24 05:40:33 AM    
+1 on this. Have an elaborately organized and expansive folder structure that has survived multiple client migrations.  The multiple layers of hierarchy become useless if you can't sort by them and can't be replicated by categories.
by Dan911 on 2018/04/09 10:03:50 AM    
+1. Location column could be an option, as others: Create/start date, pause/last activity date, finished date/total run time...
It may sound like I'm clumsy or don't know how to use a computer/tixati, but there's no one-size-fits-all solution here.

My PC has a few external drives, and I put downloads into SD cards temporarily (to avoid fragmentation and until I test) according to their sizes and current available space both on the temp media and storage units. It is messy but it is what I got now.

Of course I could create "Temp1", "Temp2", etc categories until I finish downloading/checking, but what about the many files scattered around my drives?

One possible (?) feature for power users in the future would be multi-volume, removable media, big libraries support.
Location could be a first step.
by Guest on 2018/04/21 08:58:09 PM    
+1, I really need this feature, I must know where my files live
by Guest on 2018/04/24 01:01:33 PM    
+1.

I have requested this before as the Location Column does nothing now. I expected it would show me Torrent location.

D.
by Guest on 2018/10/26 08:09:15 AM    
Any update on this?

D.
by Guest on 2019/04/03 12:52:20 AM    
Any news on this feature? This is an organization must have.
by Guest on 2019/04/04 07:59:41 AM    
+1.

Have been waiting for years! The column is there but empty. I am sure it is not that hard to implement.
by Guest on 2019/04/04 03:07:43 PM    
the location column is for the peer location, like what country the peer is in, US, Canada, Netherlands ...
by Guest on 2019/04/16 10:56:17 AM    
We are talking about the Location Column in the Transfer Section, not in the Peers Tab.
by Guest on 2019/11/04 07:30:34 AM    
+1

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server