Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

suggested speeds........

by timeecho on 2016/02/09 11:59:15 AM    
The suggestion page seens to be too much for my brane to handle. I want to seed a lot without compromising my other net doings which include Roku. Anyway
my tests say I have well over 300 Mbps up and down (fast I know). Am I to understand I multiply this by 125? and so I should set bandwidth at ??? kBs.
Will one of the developers please do the math for me. For both up and down.
incidentally Im glad I found Tixati. it seems to evolved well from a long time ago. I wss using vuze but it is resourse heavy (java).
I wish there was an intuitive speed test and automatic setting option in Tixati as there is with vuze. <<<feature request
also wish there was a share ratio in the columns <<< another feature request.....

Anyway if someone will do the math for me and suggest a throttle % I thank you in advance.

375,000 seems high

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Kboontoo Linux/AMD64/8G RAM/ Samsung SSD/ Nvidia/ Webpass ISP
by cvbn on 2016/02/09 05:11:16 PM    
Tixati has an automatic throttle you could try first.  Click the Auto Limit button above the bandwidth charts to toggle it.  It takes a few minutes to warm up.

Otherwise I would recommend setting throttles in bandwidth window to Incoming = 5000 and Outgoing = 2000.  That should work very well and give you plenty of extra room to web browse and other things.

And that column you want can be found if you click the layout button in upper-right of transfer window and pick Select Columns from dropdown menu.
by Napsterbater on 2016/02/09 09:52:53 PM    
With 300Megabits/sec (which is 35.6 Megabytes/sec), you could set it 30000 up and down and be ok..

300Mbps / 8 (8 Bits per byte) = 35.6MBps (1024bytes per meg, etc)
by timeecho on 2016/02/09 10:33:24 PM    
30000 up/down it is. I now see the column (UL ratio).
its all done.....thanX

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server