Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Strange Tracker Sabotages Tixati

by Guest on 2016/02/08 08:47:11 AM    
I have found a strange tracker that causes Tixati on windows 10 64bit to crash upon connection every time it is loaded into the tracker list. This is the tracker:

(modnote: tracker url forwarded to devs)

I first noticed it when downloading some files from Chinese torrent sites. Lately, more and more torrents have it included. I'm not a computer expert, but perhaps someone who is capable can see what data this is sending that causes Tixati to crash. I wonder if it crashes other torrent applications as well.
by KH on 2016/02/08 04:54:02 PM    
Thanks for letting us know about this, we should be able to fix it quickly, and a new release is coming out very soon.

Right now that tracker is timing out connecting.  Did you send in the automatic crash report?  If so, do you remember when?  If I can find the report, this should be an easy fix..
by Guest on 2016/02/12 07:21:57 PM    
I just tested the tracker again. It went through all the steps of connecting and when it should finish, Tixati crashes. I sent the crash report this time. I hope it can help you find out what is happening.

Time Stamp:
The time is Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:25:45 GMT
Your IP is 111.164.x.x
by KH on 2016/02/12 10:34:14 PM    
Thanks very much for sending the report.

I just located and ran your report through the analyser and there were also previous reports from other users of the same crash in the same place.   I think we fixed it for version 2.33, which was just released a few hours ago.

Please give v2.33 a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again.
by Guest on 2016/02/14 11:31:30 AM    
It continues to crash upon connection to said tracker. If it is still timing out for you and not connecting, try using a Chinese proxy. It may only accept connections from within the mainland.
by Guest on 2016/02/20 10:19:42 AM    
I am posting to inform you that it continues to crash under the updated Tixati version.
by janet on 2016/02/20 11:22:40 PM    
Have you sent in another crash report? If not, could you send one in?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server