Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Channel directives: are there more?

by raven.sirius on 2016/02/06 06:07:10 AM    
The long list of directives is handy.

But what I could not seem to see was one that would remove a particular/list share(s) from the channel. Is there a directive that will do that, eg.

##mirror:categorysome kind of seperatorDo not share the follwing sharesshare_by_name_or_by_hash or link_to_blacklist.txt

I looked up awesome in the dictionary the other day and found a one word definition: T-I-X-A-T-I
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/07 03:14:22 AM    
while I don't think there is any 'directive' to do this, it can easily be achieved with separate categories.

Apples - Shared
Apples - Private

Then ##mirror:"Apples - Shared"

And of course there is the alternative to add the magnet links individually to the channel Share list, but that is labor-intensive if the list is long.
by raven.sirius on 2016/02/07 12:30:43 PM    
Thanks Bugmagnet,

I didn't think there would be (not without recoding) but I'm surprised to see that there is no way to remove a share from the list without removing a whole user. For instance if a share is off topic, unintentionally, wouldn't it be far simpler for the owner to remove it from the pool than to ask someone to change their categories? :D
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/08 09:06:32 AM    
I guess I am not fully understanding this.

A person sharing might set a category then mirror that category to their share list. What category the seeder chooses to use is not transparent to the downloaders.  All you see is a list, not how it was produced.

When downloading, you set your own category as you prefer which might differ greatly from the seeders category, if in fact any was applied.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server