Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Checking seeding settings

by bones on 2016/02/02 05:29:33 AM    
I want to ensure I have the best seeding settings; is deafult the best? I currently can't seem to keep any peers connected, and no one is seeding from. I am using a private tracker site, how does that work exactly? Do I need to set up Tixati to use the site manually, or is it tracked by the file I downloaded?

It could be the file I am seeding just isn't demanded. What settings should I check to make sure I'm good to go? Many thanks.
by Guest on 2016/02/06 02:50:30 AM    
I'm afraid there aren't any "best" seeding or downloading settings that work universally for every person, computer and connection. There are just too many factors affecting each individual case. The general rule of thumb is to follow the basic optimization guide here:

http://www.tixati.com/optimize/

In my experience, the main one factor affecting torrenting performance is being sure that your ports are fully open and that your security software (firewall, antivirus) isn't otherwise interfering with the process.

From that point beyond, it comes a bit with experience and personal usage and needs, and each person's might be different.

Other than that, if you've been experimenting with network and transfer options not mentioned in that guide and are unsure about them, it might be best to leave them as the default until you're sure about what you're doing, yes (some of the more relevant option windows have a "reset to defaults" button if needed).
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/06 09:00:15 AM    
bones asked
It could be the file I am seeding just isn't demanded. What settings should I check to make sure I'm good to go?

I'd suggest you add more torrents and not private ones. Get the torrent for the latest release of some linux distro install and seed that to test. It should have several seeds and peers in the swarm to give you an idea how your UL and DL bandwidth is working. If that doesn't show good throughput, then start looking at the configuration of your Tixati install, your firewall, your router and modem.

And look to see if you have DHT enabled, online and it is making connections.
by linocajo on 2016/02/09 05:58:51 PM    
Just a suggestion to make sure that your bittorrent client is properly accessible by other peers:
www.canyouseeme.org

enter the same port number that you set in your bitorrent client. The bitorrent client must be running on that port.

If it fails, start turning off what can cause an issue, firewall (in OS and in Router) antivirus...

That's how I found out that I had a firewall issue in my asus router.
by lchaselchase on 2023/05/04 09:44:42 PM    
Iwant to seed as fast as I can for about 3 days. There are so many setting I have not idea how to do this. I have made changes but it is still seeding at 0.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server