Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Nasty bug with seeding limit ratio

by Guest on 2016/01/31 07:26:21 PM    
Hello,

I wish to report a bug with the option to stop seeding when reach ratio ...

As the program does not have apply button to apply the changed settings (please add it if possible) all the changes in the settings are applied immediately and when you check the check box - stop seeding on upload ratio above, the default setting set is 1.3 i think, and immediately when you check the check box all the torrents which are above upload ratio 1.3 are stopped, and when you change this setting to 11 for example nothing happens. The torrents which are below 11 will not start seeding again. Please fix it. Thanks.

P.S. Great program btw.
by Bugmagnet on 2016/02/01 04:47:08 AM    
I think that is the current behavior. I don't use the UL to DL ratio much at all but have experimented with a MAX seed limit, so I stop seeding some torrents when there are plenty of other seeds so that my BW is allocated mostly to torrents few if any others are seeding.

I have my torrents assigned to various categories and for some I assign the Remote Seed Limit. But since seeds change often (ratios not so much), I simply do a mass selection of torrents and start them. As the current number of available seeds starts to register, those exceeding the Seed Limit will stop again, but those with less seeds now than before will continue running as long as they do not exceed the limit.

Since your ratio setting is more static, once you change it to 11, it shouldn't be much of a task to select all your normally seeded torrents and restart them. You can sort them by the Ratio column and select only those with a ratio under 11 for this re-start. And as long as you don't change your ratio setting, you should only have to do this once. I don't think it is that 'nasty'. :)
by KH on 2016/02/01 11:49:45 AM    
Thanks for the report.  For the next release, I added a delay of 8-10 seconds between when the ratio setting checkbox/spinbox controls are last touched and when the setting is actually updated, so that should solve the problem of all the transfers getting stopped unexpectedly due to an unintended low setting.

This fix is in v2.32 alpha-3, which should be available for testing in a matter of days, or the final release v2.33, which should be out in a week or so.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server