Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Suggestions: Better Priority Sorting and Other Changes

by Cak3 on 2016/01/28 11:18:16 PM    
I've been using Tixati for well over a year now, and it is by far my favorite torrent client. But there are a few things I would like to recommend.

1) The current system for setting priorities for individual files of a torrent could be better if instead of using words to describe the priority (Normal, Above Normal, etc.) numbers are used ("1" being the most prioritized, then "2", "3", etc.). Not only would it save some column space, but it would allow a lot more finite setups. For example, if I'm watching a sequence of videos while it's downloading. If this system was implemented, I could make sure that the first video is downloaded, then the second, then the third, etc. instead of a setup like the first, second, and third being simultaneously downloaded (in terms of priority), then the fourth, fifth, and sixth. Also, if this system was used, to "convert" the old system to the new one, each priority could be assigned a corresponding number ("Ultra High"=1, "Very High"=2, etc.).

2) When moving a file location, I really think there should be an option to move the location without attempting to move the file itself. The specific reason is that after transferring my Tixati configuration/data from my Linux machine to my Windows 8 machine, the torrents in Linux syntax cannot be moved to the new location pertaining to Windows syntax, since Tixati on Windows interprets it as a network location (which doesn't exist), and therefore returns the error "Unable to open file: The network path was not found (53)". I think this would  be the best way to get a round the error. Also, it would seem nicer to have more control over whether I choose for my files to be moved or not. I think the best way to implement this is a "Change location" option in the same menu as the "Move..." option.

3) Lastly, an option to have transfer names separate from the torrent file/folder name would be useful. This would be great for organizing and uniformity, since in many cases, what I want to name the actual folder/file doesn't match up with how I want it to be displayed. It would also be a nice feature if one wanted the files of a torrent in the same folder as the files of another torrent (which happens to me more than you believe), but didn't want to end up with transfers with the same name. To implement this, my suggestion is that in the rename dialog, there are two text boxes, one labeled "File/Folder Name" (or something like that) and the bottom one labeled "Transfer Name" with the words "(optional)" as a cue banner. If nothing is put in the "Transfer Name", the File/Folder name is displayed in Tixati.

If these are implemented, in my eyes this will be an almost flawless torrent client. But of course, there is always room for improvement for anything, and I'm excited to see how Tixati evolves over the years. Thanks for your hard work!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server