Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Not getting speed while other peers have speed 10+ times

by Guest on 2016/01/20 04:31:07 PM    
Hii all,
For now I am downloading a big torrent of 200+ GB. At first I got good speed when I had good seeders. Now, torrent have so less seeders around 6-7. I am always connected to at most 2 seeders and got only speed around 50 KBPS, 100 KBPS at most. I see all the peers downloading their torrent very fast with great speed. One of the peer connected to me had Implied Remote DL B/s around 700 KBPS minimum. Why? IP filter is off. DHT Running. And my net speed is around 500 KBPS. So I think I should get full speed of my net or even half of it? Here's a pic.
Does I have to do any other setting?
by Guest on 2016/01/24 12:20:32 AM    
Sounds like a particular situation with that particular torrent to me. Keep in mind that among the many factors affecting your speed in any torrent is the relative geo-location of yourself and the other peers - it could be, for instance, that those few peers happen to be located close to each other geographically, while you are at a longer distance from them (we could be talking countries, or entire continents). This is just one possible explanation out of many others, and most or all of them wouldn't necessarily imply an anomaly on your side.

Just in case, you could try Tixati's optimizing guide (in the above kind of scenario, it obviously wouldn't change anything):

http://support.tixati.com/optimizing%20tixati

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server